First Day Back

~ If you like listening to music while reading I recommend listening to Empty Space by James Arthur while reading this chapter :)

Ethan woke up knowing that today would be one of the most difficult days of his life. Going back to work without Ilsa been there. He stepped out of bed and started to get ready, he felt physically sick. Ethan tried to pull himself together because he knew that if he turned up to work like this they would send him straight home. He took a deep breath and said to himself "do it for Ilsa."

Ethan met up with Benji and Luther and they all went into work together. Everyone was happy that Ethan was back and they were all willing to support him as they understood his pain. Ethan tried his best to forget about Ilsa and focus on his important new missions. He was half way through the day and everything was going great until a new mission came in which was located in Paris. Where he had first ever met Ilsa.

Once he got to Paris, standing in the exact spot where he had met Ilsa, his eyes softly filled up with tears while he remembered the intoxicating memories they had, the first time they locked eyes, their first kiss. Everything came flooding back to Ethan. In this moment he truly felt alone without her and it had just became reality to him that she was never coming back. He opened his wallet and found the first picture they had ever taken together, them both standing in front of the Eiffel Tower filled with joy. Ethan wished he could turn back time and re-create the amazing times that they had together. Tears streamed down his cold, delicate face and softly landed on the picture. While Benji and Luther continued with the mission, Ethan just sat on the ground and could hear her voice, smell her perfume of red roses and feel her smooth hands on his. He knew that going back to work would be hard for him but he never expected it to be this hard and traumatic for him. All he could think about was Ilsa, he was not focused on the mission which could put other members of the IMF's lives in danger. Ethan knew what he had to do, even though it was the last thing he ever wanted to do .

Benji and Luther walked back to where Ethan was sat, and that's when Ethan anxiously told them that today has been harder than ever and that he was handing his notice in working for the IMF. Both Benji and Luther knew how difficult it would be for him as he has not only lost his best friend, but his partner in crime. They too missed Ilsa massive amounts but tried to hide it well from Ethan. Luther told Ethan that the first day will always be the most toughest one and that it will get easier. But Ethan couldn't ever see it getting easier for him, he knew without Ilsa he is nothing. Deep down Ethan felt like a part of him was missing and now that she has gone he will always feel that pain forever as she made such an incredible impact on his life.