you're sick

Scarlett sank her teeth into her lower lip as she watched you toss and turn beside her in agony.

You've come down with some sort of stomach bug and woke up feeling completely miserable.

You didn't intend to wake Scarlett, too. But she awoke to your whimpers and groans and was much too nervous to go back to sleep.

She rubbed your back in hopes that it'd help you feel better, but her effort was all in vain, much to her dismay.

"Baby," she whispered and scooted closer to you. "Tell me what I can do to help you feel better."

"I don't know." You whimpered. "It just hurts."

"I know." She whispered sadly. "I've got you, babe."

You whined in response, trying your hardest to find relief. You brought your knees closer to your chest, but it didn't bring you any comfort.

Your stomach ached unbearably and was starting to turn. You knew where this was heading and you dreaded it.

You lied as still as you possibly could with Scarlett comforting you by whispering comfortingly in your ear.

But soon, there was no denying the sick feeling rising to your throat. It was overwhelming and left you with no other option but to jump up and run to the bathroom to get sick.

You took Scarlett by surprise with how fast you were jumping on your feet but it sank in quickly as to why when she heard the sound of you throwing up. She crinkled her nose but still ran in behind you. She knew you needed her and she was gonna be right by your side in your time of need.

You whimpered and she shushed you softly. one hand holding your hair, the other running from the small of your back to your upper back.

"I know." She comforted. "It's awful. But don't worry. I'm right here, I've got you. Let it all out. It's gonna be alright." She comforted and continued to do just that until you were pulling back from the toilet to catch your breath.

"You okay? Feel any better?"

You shrugged and leaned against her. You hoped that your stomach would start to settle and stop aching so terribly. You closed your eyes and squeezed them tight as your palms sweat and you tried to catch your breath.

It took a moment but soon, the nauseous feeling went away and your stomach started to ache less. It didn't feel perfect, but it felt much better than before.

You flushed the toilet before standing on your feet slowly. You swayed a little, but thankfully Scarlett was right there to hold you steady. She held you gently as you brushed your teeth quickly and tried to rid your mouth of that horrid taste that lingered on your tongue.

Soon, you were back in bed with Scarlett tucking you in. She moved the empty trash can closer to you, just to be on the safe side. She watched your eyelashes flutter as you started to fall asleep and went down to get you some water.

She checked to make sure you had some soup in the cabinet, which you had plenty of. She'd make some for you later on after you got some rest first.

She set the glass on the nightstand and kissed your forehead lingeringly. She realized then how feverish you really were. A sad sigh fell from her lips as she brushed her hand along your cheek.

"Thanks." You mumbled quietly, making her eyebrows furrow. "For taking care of me and for being here for me when I need you most."

"There's not a thing in the world that I wouldn't do for you, y/n. You're my girl and I will always be here to take care of you when you need me. Now, get some sleep. There's some water for you on the table and if you feel sick, you don't have to run off to the bathroom again."

You cracked a tiny smile and nodded your head. You felt the bed dip as she climbed under the covers next to you. She softly kissed your shoulder and whispered,

"Love you lots. Hope you feel better soon, y/n. If you need anything, anything at all, I'll be right here. Sweet dreams."

"Love you too," you mumbled as you drifted off to sleep, grateful that you've got her there by your side to take care of you until you feel better again.