Revenge

Nobody's POV

The four of them sat eating around the table under the deck in silence. It was a comfortable, but unusual silence. Normally, they would playfully insult one another, joyfully converse, and might even have a few food fights. However, tonight as they sat on a boat mere miles from the city they'd been searching for, for years, they were silent.

They had been searching for the heart of the country for quite some time, wanting to be able to exact revenge for their burnt homes and killed loved ones and... other unspeakable things that only the youngest knew of. 

At first they hadn't been sure, maybe it was just another large village or civilization in general, but the flag had confirmed it. They were planning to attack tomorrow evening, the night was when they thrived the most. 

Philza broke the silence, "So... we finally found it."

"Hell yeah we did," Tommy spat with a grin, but there was something similar to despair behind his eye. His eye patch lay discarded across the table, he didn't like people to see him without it on, to gawk at the white eye, so he kept it on mostly. The idea of people actually seeing him without it made him want to break down right there. He had anxiety like that, however, his family was a totally different story. They didn't look at him for his eye, they saw what was behind it. 

Techno spoke next, "I checked the stocks today and based on what we stole from our last adventure, we should have plenty of supplies."

Wilbur laughed, "Borrowed you mean?" He gave Techno a devious grin.

Techno smirked as he said, "Oh, of course."

"No, I definitely enjoy the word steal better, more badass if you ask me." Tommy said.

"Oh trust me, Toms, the world already has quite enough of your pirate persona to deal with." Phil chuckles in which everyone else laughs as well. 

"You're right, I am a big man." Tommy said puffing out his chest. There's a pause before something like anxiety fills Tommy's eyes, "we're gonna get them, right? Get them for good?"

"I promise, Theseus." Techno said seriously to Tommy, the boy smiled in response to the nickname. 

Phil looked concerned, "We should be prepared to flee if needed though, I have word that they're calling in extra troops for the war. I don't think they'll be here when we attack, but you know how information can get twisted."

Wilbur looked to his left and saw his little brother's hands trembling, he said, "Either way we won't let them get you, Tommy, no matter what." 

They all knew how easy it was for them to forget that Tommy was still quite literally a child, 16 years of age with quite a lot of trauma that he was still getting through. It was also easy to forget the fact that where they had only lost close friends, Tommy had lost his entire family that night. 

"Should we feel sorry for them? I mean for what we're about to do?" Phil says contemplatively, but his malicious smile gives away how it wasn't really a question.

"That's pirates for you, I guess," Tommy says with a grin. 

"Uh excuse me, I prefer the name sailor." Wilbur says in mock offense.

"Oh yeah because sword fighting, thieving, and staying up until ungodly hours of the night to drink rum is sailor behavior," Techno says monotonously. 

"Like you can talk!" Wilbur shoots back.

"Well then again, I don't consider myself a sailor, although, my brother does have the mouth of one." Techno says, pointing to Tommy.