Chapter 7 - Handsome

The mix of weed and beer swirled around my brain leaving me happily tipsy. I was currently sitting on a tree stump tossing dead leaves into the fire.

Colors of crimson and gold casted a glow across the nameless faces around me. The roaring heat of the flames warmed my skin and I found myself inching closer as the night grew darker and colder.

I hope these kids knew to at least use bark from dead trees to start this fire. Knowing that the popular kids threw this party they probably went out and bought wood from a store instead of gathering it themselves from the actual woods.

Noticing the flames starting to go down, I crawled off the stump and leaned down with my knees and hands in the dirt. Leveling myself with the base of the fire I blew on the coals slowly until it roared back to life.

Suddenly Jaime appeared next to me, his face eye level with mine as he balanced three beers in his hands.

"What're you doing nature boy?" He asked curiously, fumbling with the beer bottles as he handed me one.

I smiled back at him and took a small sip, "Trying to keep this fire going before I freeze to death."

"Oh yes that would be quite tragic." He snorted as he leaned back against the tree stump I had been sitting on.

"Exactly. I don't know how you all deal with this weather and actually enjoy hanging out in it."

Jaime shrugged, "Thick skin. It's okay if you don't have what it takes sunshine."

I rolled my eyes and smirked before taking another swig of my drink, "How's the lady situation going? I asked, changing the subject.

He sighed in defeat, "Hopeless. No one wants to hop on the Hime Train."

"Gross. Not with that name they won't." I shook my head and laughed, "I shouldn't tell you this but a little birdie told me that someone has a crush on you."

"WHAT?!" Jaime practically knocked over his drink as he spun around on his knees and leapt up onto the tree trunk next to me, "Who is it? How could you keep this from me? Tell me everything!"

"Hmmmm...nope I think I'll let you figure it out."

Jaime gripped my shirt with his hands as he looked at me with pleading eyes, "Do you want me to beg, Vic? Because I will beg." He got down on both knees and pressed his hands together in prayer.

I burst out laughing, almost falling backwards at his desperation, "Dude. Get it together. If I tell you, you have to promise me that you won't, one, be a creep, and two, will respect her if she decides not to go out with you."

"This girl apparently has a crush on me, I will respect the ground she walks on." Jaime nodded, his entire face lighting up as he looked at me with a dreamy look on his face.

"It's Rose, Elle's friend." I took him by his shoulders, turning him around in the direction of where Rose was standing across the field.

"You don't have to tell me who Rose Tyler is. I've been in love with her since elementary school!"

Jaime suddenly whipped his head around and shot me a look, "Are you sure this isn't a prank?"

"I'm sure of it. Go and charm her socks off." I nudged him towards her.

"I owe you big for finding this out for me. You hear me? BIG." Jaime pulled me into a hug, squeezing me so tight I thought my bones were about to snap. He practically skipped off towards Rose and I couldn't help but smile for him.

"Hey Vic, what's up with that?" Tony came over to me and gestured towards Jaime.

"Oh, Elle told me that her friend Rose has a crush on him." I explained.