Chapter two - Fisrt impression

Kianna's pov:
I got dressed and ran down the stairs. My mom made eggs and bacon but I couldn't eat it all because I'm was gonna miss the bus.

Just so you know, I'm never late for the bus so this was a big deal.

I grabbed a bacon and ran out the house.
The bus was right down the block picking up a kid a few houses from me.

*sigh*....I'm saved!

The bus dropped me off in town. It's against the rules but I tipped the driver.

I ran into the store and just by telling the speed rate I'm at the clerk knew what I was coming for. She went into the back and came out with the shoe box.
I didn't even hesitate to put them on at the exact moment. They fit perfectly.

~Kianna's pov:~
I missed my general assembly but that's fine. I'd rather be late than sit for half an hour listening to the principal go on and tell us about her love life and why she ended up with six cats.

Like haven't you heard of tinder lady???

I picked up a tray and shuffled through which food I wanted to eat today.

To be honest all the food here at this school are so gross and the worst part is, we aren't allowed to bring our own food from home or any other store bought food.....like what the hell?

I just picked up an apple and a bottle of water. I honestly don't want whatever they have over in that pan. It looks so saggy and gross.

Ion know what it is but it's disgusting.

I walked right into the noisy cafeteria trying to find an empty table to sit. I honestly can't bother to socialize, like it's so hard and meaningless.

I know I'm an introvert ok!!

I found a seat right next to the garbage. Take it or leave it!

I took it.

Just when I was there minding my own business eating my apple, a boy was walking over to me.
I looked at his face, I've never seen him before. Maybe he is new or something.

His eyes are emerald green. They're so memorizing. His lips are looks so soft and as pink as a kpop singer. You know one of those boys who girls fantasise over and faints everytime they see an edit on tiktok or something.....and his skin is mocha brown.
He looks kinda cute though I'm not gonna lie.

Omg!!! Omg!!!
SYSTEM ALERT. ALERT. ALERT!!
Play it cool..

"He....y"

***

What the hell was that? He just walked right passed me and went to the-

GARBAGE BIN!!!!

Ugh! I should have known why the hell would he want to come and sit with me at a table beside the trash?

Why would he want to sit next to the girl who eats her lunch beside trash?

This senior year is gonna be a mess. I smell it from a mile away!!

His pov:
When is this assembly going to end?
This lady has been ratting on and on about how she ended up with
Six cats and about her love life.

*Ring, ring, ring*

Yess saved by the bell.

His pov:
As I was walked into the noisy cafeteria, I felt a hand grab me by the shoulder. I turned around to see him.

"Hi.....dad"

"Hey son. How's the first day going?"

"It's not the worst but I'd still love it if you say you are here to take toby and I back home.....to Bermuda."

"Liam I told you already. We need a fresh start. We can't go back there. We can never go back there."

"Dad, I know bu-"

"No! No buts, we are staying here whether you like it or or not."

"Whatever". I say while walking past him and into the cafeteria.

Given what just happened I didn't feel to eat anything. The food here looks gross amyways.
I just grabbed a protein bar and a box of milk.
The cafeteria was packed, maybe because it was the first day if senior year.

Seeing all these unfamiliar faces makes me feel like I'm in another world. I just want to go back home.

But I can't.

I took a bite if the protein bar and swallowed it with a mouthful of milk.

Uggh!!!

I looked at the expiration date and to my surprise it was expired two months ago.

What is wrong with this school?

I looked for the nearest trash can. I spotted one in the far left of the cafeteria.
I walked over to it and I saw a girl sitting at a table beside it, eating her lunch peacefully and unbothered.

Can this school get any weirder?

Just as I was walking towards the bin, she looks up at me.

Was that a smile I see?

I have never seen her before but just that warm smile made me forget about everything that bothered be.

I have to meet her.She's breath taking.