Chapter One

Your leg moved up and down as you stared at the computer screen. The more and more you look, the more the news story wasn't really giving much of a vibe. You leaned back into your chair as you took a glimpse outside. The leaves were once again green; the colors of spring. "I don't know, Shiro.. The boss will definitely say something." You groaned at the older male across the way at his desk. He licks his lips as he finishes a blueberry muffin from the break room, furrowing his brow. "Whaaat?! You think so? It took a while to even find something interesting! " He shrugs his shoulders and places his hands behind his head. "This town doesn't seem to get any news now a days! What does he expect?!" Shaking your head at his carefree attitude, the atmosphere changed as the phone on your desk rang. Both of you stare at it ringing, three times before it seized. You jumped as it rang again, your nerves increasing the more it called to be answered. "...We uh.. Got to answer it huh?" You slightly glare at Shiro's observation as you reach for it. "You mean I HAVE TO.. Jerk." You picked up the phone, both of you sticking your tongues out at each other before you straighten up. 

"Good evening, Mr. Haruto! Yes, I saw the article today. Yes! ...Understood, I'll make sure to get another story in soon... Thank you!"

Once you hung up the phone, you let out a breath hoping to relive some of the stress that accumulated through the call. "Uh oh.. That sigh doesn't sound too good." You look to your left at Shiro's worried expression before rubbing your face with your hand. "Apparently the story we cooked up didn't make too much of a cut..." The older male frowned as you got up begin to pack up for the evening. "Man! I think this guy has too much time on his hands. Calling instead of coming down personally with his fat ass.." You hold back a laugh at him wiggling his brows. Zipping up your bag and grabbing your planner, you waved at him. "See you tomorrow, Shiro! We'll look into this more in the morning.." Shiro put his feet on the desk, yawing and waving. "Sure, sure! Say hello to your hubby for me!" You smile softly as you made your way out of the newsroom. The front doors automatically open for you, your eyes made their way to your left hand. The large diamond shone and dances with the city lights making the corners of your lips twitch upwards. Things have finally calmed down after your day of holy matrimony. You never thought after so long of being together with your fiancée Tanaka, going through the ups and downs of your three year relationship, he'd ask for your hand in marriage. The ceremony was small, with both of your friends and family including Shiro, to view the ring slip on your finger. Tanaka was a regular office worker, and you worked as a  journalist in the newsroom of your hometown. Well.. hopefully you could continue to work here. 'There hasn't been much news lately..'

Everyone has a story they want to tell, to you everyone needs to have their voice heard. The truth will come; and you made sure you were there to document. You continue down the busy street, walking a bit faster the more the evening sunlight fades. Energy seems to return to you as you see your apartment light on. 'Ah! Tanaka is home!' Climbing up the stairs to your door, you suddenly froze and began fixing your hair. It may be ridiculous since you've lived together. 'It's so embarrassing since..!!" You jumped at the door suddenly swinging open. A young brown haired man in his mid 20's smiles at you softly as he leans against the doorframe. His hazel eyes dance with amusement as you played with your skirt. "Let me guess, were you fixing yourself before coming home?" You puffed out your chest and walked in. "N-No! Of course not!" You held back a laugh as his arm wraps around you, the other shuts the door. You feel kisses going up and down your face before he takes your bag. You huff, shaking your head as you removed your shoes. "Did you leave work early today?" He nods as he sets down your stuff on the couch and heads the kitchen. "Yeah! I was able to finish all of the paperwork piled up! How was your day, (Y/n)?" His eyes widen as you heave out a sigh. "Our story wasn't so great for the boss.. So we need to find a new one by the end of the period." Tanaka shook his head as he rolled up his sleeves to prep for dinner. "I don't understand! You just came up with this story that took days to finish!" His eyes soften as you head to the bathroom with a slump. "Well, why don't you bathe, baby. We'll talk about it after dinner!" You smiled at him, giving a 'Ok, dear!' as you turn on the water. He then turned to the TV that was on in the small living room, his attention on the breaking news. He hums in surprise, pausing his peeling of potatoes at the pictures they showed as the anchorman spoke in a serious tone.

"Police arrive at a scene of an alleged murder behind a strip club! There seemed to be no evidence found at this time! More details at 10!"

Thanks For Reading!