Chapter Two

You moan lightly at a soft kiss on your forehead, stirring you from your slumber. "I'm off to the office, (Y/n).." You jolted awake and sat up, causing your husband to jump as well. You pressed your lips to his briefly before hiding under the covers with a giggle. "Have a nice-eep!!" Your covers were pulled off of you and Tanaka straddles your waist. "Are you trying to tempt me to stay?? Maybe I should call out.." his eyes lowered as he pulls your hands above you. You stick your tongue out at him before he gives your a kiss. A couple of pecks and he releases you much to your disappointment. "Lunch is in the fridge, love. I'll see you later!" He yells as he walks out, looking at his watch. Your shoulders sag as you hear the front door open and close. 'Bless this man..' Both of you have been so busy recently. Often times, it'll be just you at home or just him. You hope that you both can enjoy your vacation that you had planned in 3 weeks. 'Won't he long now!!' You squealed in delight as you daydream before jumping out of bed. "SHIT!! IMMA BE LATE FOR WORK!!" You stumble into the restroom, grabbing your skirt and (favorite color) sweater to get ready for the day ahead.

~~~~

'Barely made it..' you sighed in relief, stepping out of the building. Work was uneventful, Shiro being yelled at for breaking the printer, AGAIN. At least you didn't have to file the whole day. Walking down the chilly street heading to the train station, you notice how empty it was today. The usual hustle and bustle was reduced to a quiet whisper. Your eyesight caught a glimpse of a black mass in a alleyway, causing you to halt.

Your eyes widen in horror as you see the man slump down on the ground. Holding his side, you can see his large back rise and fall from his heavy breathing. In a black shirt and white pants, you gasp after seeing blood on the concreate and on the fabric of his pants. You quickly rush to the mans side. "Are you alright, sir!? Are you wounded?!" The man whipped his head in surprise, his wide green eyes eye you up and down through strands of black hair. His eyebrow raised as he sees you frantically trying to pull your sweater up and over, thankful you have a shirt underneath.

"..What the hell are you doing?"

You stop at his gruff voice and peek at him through your sweater with sight confusion. 'Does.. Does he know what is going on?'
That he's basically bleeding to death?
Focusing back on the situation, your face scrunched as your try to pull it off. Grinning in triumph at the removal of the fabric, you go to his tense form and press the sweater to his torso. "We have to stop the bleeding and get you to the hospital!" You reach into your pocketbook with your other hand and pull out your phone. "I'll call-!!" You gasp as your left wrist was grabbed in with his large hand, jerking your forward to him. You tense up at the coldness in his gaze as he took your phone with his free hand, voice deep and with a warning tone.
"No.. Don't even think about it."
You weren't deterred as you gave him a firm glare and in turn reached for it. He raises his arm up high, a faint smirk plastered on his face as he sees you struggle to retrieve your phone. Unknown to you, his eyes glance down your loosened shirt, causinghis smirk to grow. "W-What are you talking about!? You're hurt, you need to get treatment!"

"I never asked for your help, girlie."

"It's only natural to help, no matter how much of a jerk a person can be!"

He chuckles as you stretch more to reach for it until you huffed and slumped down. "Give up, darlin'?" He waves the phone at you before he throws it back in your bag. "Is there a family that I can least contact for you to come get you?" You gulped at his hard glare and grip tightening. "Do. not. contact anyone." You sighed and tugged your arm. "Fine, don't blame me if you get a infection or something. Let go, lets at least put pressure to stop the bleeding.." The man chuckles again and leans back on the wall with a huff. You furrow your brows as he tilts his head back, green eyes seem to glow with amusement in the dim light of the ally. "You know I'm a complete stranger, right? We're in a dark ally.. I could be a criminal for all ya know.. Yet why bother to help?" It was his turn to furrow his brows at you shaking your head. You removed your wrist from his loosened grasp. "You have a solemn way of thinking, you know that? I'm doing this because I saw someone in trouble, and my body moved on it's own. I don't care what you have going on in your head.. " You slip your wrist from his grasp and stood. ".. If I just stood there and let someone die, I'd be no better then the scum on our shoes." You grabbed your bag, reaching in and pulling out a bottle of water. Setting it down in front of him l, you turn and nod at him. "Make sure you stay hydrated and out of trouble.. Take care of your self better." You waved and went on your way, noticing that it was getting late and your husband called probably in worry. The man stares at your form until you disappear around the corner to the streets. He hums as he stood with ease, reaching into his pocket and pulling out his ringing phone, answering it.
"TOJI!! Where the hell have you been? You didn't get into trouble did you?!"
The large man scoffed and went into his pocket again, pulling out a card. "Oh shut up, this shit ain't nothing. The target is taken care of, so make sure I have my money or you'll be next.." Hanging up, he looks at the business card with a grin, green eyes alive with anticipation.

"(First Name) (Last Name). A Journalist, eh?"

Thanks For Reading!!