Spilled Emotions

A young man with his body covered by a brown robe, along with another young man, taller than the previous one, covered in a white robe entered into a variety shop, owned by an old man in his 50s. Both of them took off their hoods and dusted off the sand outside before entering.

These men are quite courteous to not walk into the store dirtying the whole place by sand. Should I give them a discount?

The shopkeeper, pleased by their actions, thought to himself.

Subaru:[Julius, you go grab the sheets and water while I'll get the food ingredients.]

Julius:[Fine by me. Then let's meet up at the counter later. ]

Julius nodded as he disappeared into the back of the store while Subaru glanced over the vegetables and fruits. They needed these stuff for their ongoing journey to the Pleiades watch tower.

Subaru:[Hmm.. I should take these and also these...]

Subaru mumbled to himself as he grabbed the veggies. The shopkeeper smiled warmly at the young man. Suddenly, the sound of the opening of the door was heard. This made the shopkeeper and Subaru look towards the person who walked in.

A boy around the age of 10 entered with a large cardboard box. He was staggering a bit as the weight of the box was quite high.
Looking at him struggling to walk like this the shopkeeper got up to carry it, but before he could, someone else approached the kid.

Subaru:[Hey there, kiddo. That looks heavy, you did a good job carrying it here. Let me help you.]

Subaru reached out his hands towards the box as he said this, but the kid shook his head.

Kid:[Thank you for your kind words and concern, but my father has asked me to deliver this to the shopkeeper uncle myself. I have already come this far, so I must complete the job assigned to me myself.]

At the kid's response, Subaru smiled and patted his head. The boy started walking towards the counter and tried to place it on the table which was quite tall. The shopkeeper opened his drawer to take out a list of the things he ordered for.

The kid couldn't keep the box properly which caused it topple towards him.

Subaru:[Watch out!]

Subaru held the kids head while kneeling, with his left hand and his right hand supported the box. Unfortunately few of the glass containers fell out and crashed onto the floor, spilling out the contents. Another misfortune occurred as Subaru accidentally pulled the box too hard, causing the side of the box to rip open and all the bottles who thought they had been spared from breaking, started rolling on the counter.

Shopkeeper:[Oh no no no no..]

The shopkeeper, now having noticed this tragedy, tried to stop the rolling bottles and test tubes from falling off the counter. One flask hit the floor of the counter too hard and broke. A light purple colour liquid spilled over the table and fell on Subaru's head.

Subaru:[Gah! It's cold! What is this thing? It stinks!]

Subaru couldn't help but complain at the unpleasant feeling of being drenched. Hearing the sounds of crashing and Subaru's loud voice, Julius came running.

Julius:[...what a disaster.]

Julius muttered at the sight in front of him. The shopkeeper quickly brought a wet cloth and towel.

Shopkeeper:[Please wipe off the potion with this wet cloth quickly. I do not know what kind of potion fell on you, but it might not be good.]

He passed the wet cloth to Subaru and immediately started cleaning up the floor. Julius helped him as well.