loser - billy andrews

everyone in the whole town of avonlea knows that billy andrews is a guy you never want to be near. he's rude and has absolutely no manners what so ever. and y/n agreed to this. y/n and billy knew each other for basically their whole lives. but, no matter what, they never seemed to get along. maybe it's because they were total opposites. y/n the sweetest person you can ever meet. and billy the most ruthless boy in the whole town of avonlea. or maybe it's because anyone with common sense, would never like, or do anything of the sort, billy andrews. unless you are like him.

y/n has never participated in hating one person. that was until she had met billy. he was super disrespectful and just aggravated you. like that one time when he and his friends lifted up your dresses. oh how you would hurt him if you could.

y/n and the andrews girls were great friends though. they hung out all the time during and outside of school. but, of course y/n always offered to do activities at her house to avoid billy.

one winter morning, the girls were walking to school. "y/nnn! please do come! it will not be the same if you don't!", jane and prissy begged.
they were trying to get y/n to come to a party they were hosting while their parents were out of town. "you never come to our house! it's always ' no no! we'll do it at mines!'. please just this once!", they added. y/n thought about it really hard and decided to cave in. "oh, well i guess i can go!", she sighed.

plus, things have been a little different between y/l/n and andrews. one that no one could ever expect. they started to be thinking differently of each other. billy hadn't noticed until now how cute she looked when she was super focused in class. and oh! how she really cares about animals! y/n hadn't noticed how actually smart billy is when he wants to be. but, of course they would never tell each other this. or anybody.

it was now afterschool, and y/n was getting ready for the party. she put on her favorite outfit and her white pretty flats. she opened her window that looks out into her front yard. quietly opening it, she climbed out of her window. closing it, she left a very small opening so she can get back in easily.

after the short walk from the y/l/n's house, she arrived to the large house. she walked up the porch steps and knocked on the door loud enough for people inside to hear. not long after, the door opened. it revealed a slight annoyed familiar blonde.

billy's face quickly changed to a less aggressive look. "oh. it's you. come in.", he said blaintly. y/n just rolled her eyes and walked inside the house. inside, there were a bunch of her classmates spread all around the main room. y/n first spotted the andrews sisters. walking up to them, she said, "wow, it's super nice!". "we know!", they said happily.

after an hour of talking, prissy declared for everyone to practice the dance they were learning in school. this dance consisted of touching boys' hands. gross.

there were multiple little circles consisting of around 6 people each. in your group, there was anne, gilbert, moody, dianna, you, and with your luck, billy.

jane started the music on the record player and quickly went to her little group. everyone started to dance and the energy in the room was amazing. almost all with a smile on their faces. including billy and y/n.

the whole dance routine felt like it was moving in slow motion. billy was your partner and he surprisingly didn't suck at all. whenever you two held hands, for the dance of course, his touch softened. y/n had noticed this but didn't want to think much of it.

oh! and we can't forget the eye contact that they had. it was like they couldn't keep their eyes off of each other. y/n looked away after what felt like minutes of staring into billy's eyes. finally, the song ended and everyone spread around the main room.

y/n couldn't stop thinking about what just happened. did she actually like this boy? no, he's rude and has no manners whatsoever! but, he is pretty charming... thoughts kept flowing into y/n's head and she didn't realize the star of her thoughts was right in front of her.

"y/n? are you okay?", billy asked worriedly. "oh yes, sorry.", she mumbled. silence. "oh uhm you were very good on the dance floor andrews.", y/n said with a smirk. "thank you m'lady.", he laughed/said while bowing.

~~~~~~~~~~~time skip~~~~~~~~~~~~~

the night came to an end and everyone ended up having an amazing time. after 10 cookies, y/n was super tired and ready to go home. she said her goodbyes and slipped her flats and coat on. before she could walk out the front door, billy stopped her. "wait y/n! can i walk you home? it's really dark out. don't want you to get scared.", he said. "oh stop it! and whatever you can come.", she whisper yelled.

the walk to the y/l/n's house wasn't that far but on the way there, the pair couldn't stop chatting. whether it's about how much they had in common or how good cookies are. "well, this is my stop. i had a really great night billy. i guess you're not too bad after all.", she said slyly. billy just rolled his eyes and watched her walk up her porch.

"i'll see you tomorrow, loser!", he yelled. "oh, shut it!", she yelled back.

————————————————————————
hi everyone! i'm super sorry that this was rushed! i really wanted to get a story out since i hadn't posted one in awhile! i hope you are all doing well!

word count: 1,010