Chapter 19: They Say that Love is Forever, Your Forever is All that I Need

-Melanie-

I woke up the next morning to someone shaking me. "What?" I groaned, looking at the clock before covering my face with the pillow.

"We've got a big day, get up," Ryan laughed.

"Ryan, it is 9 in the morning. Can't this 'big day' start after 11?" I mumbled into the pillow.

I could hear his smile, "No, it really can't." I groaned again, but more dramatically, dragging myself off of the bed. I looked over and saw Jamie trying to wake Danielle up.

"Oh, dear God," I chuckled, "This isn't gonna end well."

"Wait," Jamie said, "This is waking her up, isn't it?"

I nodded slowly, "Sorry, Jaim."

"I'm pretty much screwed, aren't I?"

"Yes," Danielle said, sitting up, "And as soon as I fully wake up, I'm gonna hurt you."

"But in my defense, this is your birthday present."

"But in my defense, the condition in which I said I would come here is what you agreed to," she said, sticking her tongue out at him.

"Well, you're rude in the mornings," Jamie chuckled.

She smiled sweetly at him, "I know. Now get out. We have to get dressed."

~

After we were all ready, we walked out to the car we rented. Ryan sat in the drivers seat and I sat in the passenger seat like we always do. Ian climbed in the back and Danielle jumped in after him, sitting next to him as he gave her a weird look.

"Why are you sitting back there?" Jamie asked once he and Nash sat down.

"Yeah, you always sit between us," Nash pouted.

"Because Ian's never woken me up," she replied, pulling her seat belt across her body and buckling it. Ryan and I looked at each other, trying not to laugh as he pulled out of the hotel parking lot.

~

After about half an hour of goofing off, Ryan suddenly said, "Hey, Ian. I think we're almost there." I looked at him suspiciously, as did Danielle.

"Oh, right!" Ian said, reaching into his pocket.

"I'm not putting that on," Danielle said when we realized they were blindfolds.

"Sorry, babe," Ian replied, "You have to."

"Why?" she whined.

"Because we don't want you to see your surprise until we're ready," Ryan smiled.

I shrugged and had Jamie help put my blindfold on while it took Ian a bit longer to convince Danielle. She eventually gave in and sat there with her arms crossed and her bottom lip out as Ian simply chuckled while tying her blindfold.

A few more minutes went by and Danielle asked, "When do we get to take these stupid things off?"

"In a couple minutes, Danielle. I promise," Ryan laughed. I felt the car stop and Ryan put it in park. "Alright, now don't take them off. We'll do that for you," Ryan said. I heard his car door open, then close, followed by two more doors opening. I unbuckled my seat belt as my car door opened.

Ryan grabbed my hand and helped me out, shutting the door behind me. Jamie hopped out, and he and Ian helped Danielle out, making sure she didn't hit her head. Once all the doors closed, Ryan told me to jump on his back, as did Jamie with Danielle. We did, and they started walking.