Chapter 3- Nose Dive

West view-2023(1990)

I don't remember going to bed. I wake up in the same room, though. I don't know what day it is or how long I've been sleeping for. I check the clock. It's around 3 pm. I check the closet for my outfit. I close my eyes before opening the cabinet. "Please don't do me dirty, Wanda. Please don't do me dirty" The mantra is now stuck in my head. It's a Wednesday Addam's costume. Is it Halloween? I peek outside the window and see everyone's houses are decked out. Oh, I guess this will be fun. More interaction means more intel.

I put on the costume and braid my hair like Wednesday's. I step out of my room and take a breath of air. A good ol' deep inhale and exhale type of breath. "Don't you look adorable?" Wanda says and pinches my cheek. I follow her down the stairs. The boys ask her about her costume. She's a Sokovian fortune teller. How fitting. Vision looks like a luchador. They speak to each other in Spanish.

"My fortune teller sister! Who is she? She looks like a Maximoff!" Pietro says. He looks different from when I saw pictures of him hanging at Stark Industries. Now that I think about it, he doesn't look like him at all. She recast him. Ok, Wanda, this is going way too far. This is next level man. Where did this "fake" Pietro come from?

"She's my daughter! Don't you remember? You were in the room when I was giving birth." She raises an eyebrow at him. "I'm just kidding. Of course, I remember my only niece. How could I forget? Didn't I cut the cord?" Wanda nodded her head. I don't trust this Pietro. He looks like he doesn't know what's going on. Also, why am I offended that he didn't know me? I'm not even Wanda's real daughter. She's playing this real hard. If she can go hard, I can go harder.

He brings me into a hug. He has a firm-ass grip. "It's really good to see you, kid. Wow, you look like a Maximoff." The reiteration of those words did not make me feel better. It made me feel like Wanda was my mom.

What if she was? What if she had me when she was young and gave me up for adoption? That could explain my abilities. My birth certificate only has my birthday and a stamp that says Sokovian refugee. Am I Maximoff, or is Westview turning me into one? Either way, this isn't my goal. My goal is to get these people out of here. I can't get comfortable. I have tread lightly around both sets of twins.

I got out of my thoughts quickly. "It's good to see you too, Uncle P." I go sit in the living room. The boys are ready to get the door. Vision leaves, and I offer to tag along with him. "You don't have to, darling." He says, opening the door. I stand up and head towards the door. "I know I don't have to. I want to." I say and head out with him. "Look at the father-daughter duo go!" Wanda says.

We get down the block, and Vision stops to ask me something. "Do you know about this?" "About what, Vision?" He sighs. We both continue walking. "So you do know? Are you doing this as well, or is it just Wanda?" "Vision, I didn't even know who Wanda was until Dr. Lewis, and Mr. Woo contacted me. They wanted me to get intel and see what I could do about the situation. Wanda and I have the same powers. " He stops again. "I received a cryptic email from a Dr. Lewis at work." Huh, Wanda Maximoff works hard, but Darcy Lewis works harder. "I think we have the same common goal Viz. We want to get these people out. We're going to find it." He looks very uncertain about that last part.

After hours of getting intel, we approach the end of what seems to the town. "I suppose you should go home. Tell your mother that I met up with some friends." I huffed in annoyance. "Viz, bro, broski, Hermano, your wife is not my mother. She's a sham. Like, look at me, dude, I don't belong here. " He hugs me. "I'll make this work." I walked away to the house. It was a far trek, so I started to levitate my way home. It wasn't like the nonfunctional citizens were going to tell on me. I hear Vision scream in pain in my head. I need to find him. I can't see him. I can't feel him. It's foggy. That's never happened before. I need to find him. But I can't. I just can't.