Chapter Twenty

𝘼𝙣𝙙𝙮 𝙨𝙡𝙞𝙙 𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙤𝙪𝙜𝙝 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙩𝙧𝙖𝙞𝙣 𝙙𝙤𝙤𝙧𝙨 𝙟𝙪𝙨𝙩 𝙖𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙮 closed, effectively losing the monsters that were chasing her

𝘼𝙣𝙙𝙮 𝙨𝙡𝙞𝙙 𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙤𝙪𝙜𝙝 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙩𝙧𝙖𝙞𝙣 𝙙𝙤𝙤𝙧𝙨 𝙟𝙪𝙨𝙩 𝙖𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙮 closed, effectively losing the monsters that were chasing her. She sank into a seat, panting, and sent a small, probably less than comforting wave to the other passengers.

It had been several month since she'd last been at Camp, and she was a lot more homesick than she'd expected.

Andy had made sure to Iris-message Chiron as often as possible, updating him on everything she could. She'd kept a small notebook in her pocket at all times, where she logged every piece of information she heard, about the Titan's army and their plans. She'd learned about the locations of other troops, warehouses, and weapons manufactures. She jotted down numbers of demigods and monsters, trying to estimate their enemies' numbers.

Kronos's army was different than Camp Half-Blood. They were a lot more methodical, and strict. Camp was more like a family, chaotic and energetic.

When Andy had gotten her first tour of the army camp, she'd seen an alarming number of demigods. Sure, there were hundreds of monsters—some she didn't even know the name of—but Andy hadn't known that so many demigods had deflected. She knew most of them, and berated herself for not noticing their  absences.

Andy had relayed all this information to camp, along with messages for Silena and Clarisse. After the first couple of Iris-messages, Clarisse had caught on to the pattern, and managed to attend the next IM.

Andy slouched further down into her chair, grumbling under her breath. She'd gotten caught because of a stupid mistake, a mistake she shouldn't have made.

On the first day, she made her way down the mountain to the Garden of the Hesperides, and found a small fountain, perfect for Iris-messages. For months this little refuge of hers was just hers, none of the other monsters or demigods finding it.

She spent all this time—being interrogated about Camp by Kronos, being trailed by other monsters—and she managed to get away for all this Iris-Messages, but this time, this one time, she was followed. She was so excited to report back she hadn't taken her usual precautions, and look where that got her.

She'd been followed by a dracaenae, something she could have dispelled back to Tartarus easily. But she hadn't even noticed (stupid stupid stupid mistakes) and the monster had ran all the way back to the castle, bringing a whole battalion for backup led by Kronos.

Kronos himself had walked into her little clearing, making sure to signal the rest of his troops to wait. Andy didn't know why; maybe he was growing restless, or he just wanted to kill her himself.