Ep 1.8: Late Night Buddy

Lee Jeno: Jung

Lee: Jeno: u up?

Jung Maisy: the person you are trying to contact is not available. Please try again never.

Lee Jeno: stfu. go to ur balcony

Jung Maisy: and y tf would I do that, it's like 1 am

Jung Maisy: my bed feels too good to get out of rn

Lee Jeno: but u know what else can make u feel better ;)

Jung Maisy: ignoring u & going back to sleep? Don't mind if I do

Lee Jeno: haha, very funny. but srsly look outta your balcony

Jung Maisy: give me 3 good reasons y I should do that at this ungodly hour

Lee Jeno: reasons 1-3: ur greatest gift resides at the base of ur humble abode

Jung Maisy: u got me NCT tickets ?!?!

Lee Jeno: uGh no. just drag ur ass out lady

Jung Maisy: fine fine

As Maisy went to her balcony, her eyes landed on a familiar car on the side of the road.

Jung Maisy: wtf r u doing here?

Lee Jeno: to come fetch Juliet out of her tower

Jung Maisy: at ONE AM????

Lee Jeno: u didn't have a prob being up at 1 last week

Jung Maisy: that's a diff case

Lee Jeno: so u hoppin in or r u gonna leave Romeo hanging?

Jung Maisy: who said u were my Romeo

Lee Jeno: I'm boutta honk my car & wake up the neighborhood if u don't come down in 5 mins Jung

Jung Maisy: okay okay, hold ur horses

"Ciao Signora," Jeno bellows as Maisy got into his car.

"He mentions Romeo and Juliet once and suddenly thinks he's Italian all of a sudden," Maisy replies, rolling her eyes.

"What can I say, it's the Shakespeare effect," Jeno says as he starts driving.

"Alright, where are you taking me? You're not kidnapping me and taking me to an abandoned warehouse and slowly leave me to my death are you."

"How'd you know?" Jeno answers as he pretends to be shocked, putting a hand over his mouth.

"I'm quite the genius, can you tell."

"Oh yeah for sure."

"So what's the deal with bringing me out and about at this lovely hour?"

"I'm on my fourth week. Or more like, I just finished it."

"Fourth week?" Maisy questions.

"The bet I made with my friends. We can basically end this sexting deal."

"Oh," Maisy replies, trying to sound neutral but Jeno heard a hint of disappointment in the latter, or maybe he was just imagining it.

"You wanna still be sexting buddies? Cause I'm down for that," Jeno smirks.

"No, no. Hell no. That's not it, it's just..." Maisy trails off.

"It's just?"

"Are we gonna stop talking then??"

"What do you mean?"

"I don't know about you Jeno, but I'd like to think we've become sort of friends-ish? Because of this whole ordeal. And for a playboy, you're not uh half bad, I guess," Maisy finally says.

"I don't know if I'm supposed to be flattered or insulted?? But you're cool too, I guess," Jeno adds on, mimicking the girl.

She rolls her eyes one more time and responds, "So are we friends or??"

"I'm literally cruising with you late at night. I don't exactly take strangers. Hell I haven't even let any of my—how do I put this, admirers? go cruising w/ me," Jeno says.

"That doesn't really answer my question...but I'mma just assume you mean well."

"Yes we're friends, Maisy. And I wanted to cruise around kind of as a celebration for completing the deal I made with my friends. Like I deadass got $500 to blow. And it's all thanks to your help as well," Jeno says at a red light, looking over at Maisy with a soft smile. In fact it was a combo of his signature smile + eye smile that made all the girls swoon for him.

Lost in the moment, Maisy can't help but feel herself drowning in Jeno's smile. In her eyes, he looked really good and she felt his genuineness radiating off of that one smile. She felt like she could risk it all just for him but then she remembers that he's a playboy.

Although lately, the said playboy didn't exactly have a girl in his lap or clinging to his side in the last week. It was something Maisy was curious about and was gnawing at the back of her head but she didn't want to question it and it wasn't really her business. Despite that, she dropped the question anyway.

"So what happened to your side chicks?" Maisy brought up in order to change the subject and to break herself away from staring stupidly at Jeno's smile.

"Just not really feeling any of them. Besides, I got you."

"Me? What does that have to do with your side chicks."

"You're my main chick. And we're friends right? Believe it or not I actually like talking to you," Jeno says, making Maisy's heart skip a beat, even with the slight disappointment with being called a friend.

"Oh damn, alright," Maisy replies, trying to keep her cool.

"Mind if I treat you? I got $500 to blow Princess."

"Yea yea, whatever."

The two actually did become really good friends over the course of the last month. They ended up texting more often on Snapchat rather than pushing through with what their actual deal entailed. They found out a lot about each other's likes and dislikes and shared a lot in common. Not to mention both had the same sense of humor and with every snap sent, Maisy felt herself falling deeper for the boy.