𝟸.𝟷𝟺

.

| CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX |
Blocked

" this is what a gentleman
does for a lady on a date. "

" only if we can stop
for hot chocolate. "

.

˛
》* 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ • 。* 。° 。* 。 • ˚《
˚

Hisoka turned around.

Of course, he held a smirk. He wore his usual makeup and his hair was gelled up. Everything about him looked normal, but felt so different. Something in him changed.

The boys and I sweat dropped.

"Hi- Hisoka," Gon whispered.

"But what are you doing here?" Killua asked for the three of us. Our movements were frozen. Honestly I don't even know if I'm breathing.

"It isn't that strange, is it? I love to fight and this is a temple devoted to the craft," he answered in an odd pose. "The real question is why are you here?"

He faced us fully and spoke using his normal cooly self. "Juuust kidding... This meeting is no mere coincidence. I've been waiting for you." He looked over at me directly. "All of you."

I tried to gulp, but there was nothing to- from my dry throat.

"B-but why?" Gon asked.

"Remember how you ordered your tickets for the airship over the internet? With only a little effort on my part, I was able to find out exactly when you would arrive."

Killua looked ready to fight at any moment, while I on the other hand wanted to just walk away.

Hisoka didn't come to us for me. No, instead he came for Gon and Killua, to fight them. He would never put in too much effort as to come to me, no matter how much I'd hope. Just like with the Hunter Exam. I had been there to find him, but he seemed to have forgotten me completely.

I kept my head down.

"Well, in any case, I knew you would come here eventually. And so... as your senior," he gestured to me, "and brother. I have a little bit of a wanting for the three of you."

We all shifted, still uncomfortable with how the scene was unraveling.

"You're still not ready to set foot on this floor. Even you, Y/N."

My eyes widened and I looked up. It's been forever since he said my name.

"Not by a long shot." He flicked his fingers up, pushing the two boys back with his ren. I, on the other hand wasn't too much affected. I'd gotten used to his Nen, even his Ten.

"When you will be depends on your efforts." He turned around. "For now, leave this floor. It's far too early."

"Wait, what?!" Killua grumbled, "that's stupid! We just got up here!"

Hisoka sat against the wall then reached out his hand. "I won't let you pass. But it's not like you could anyway."

Then, he let out a large amount of his aura. Our feet slid back from the force immediately.

Hisoka had used to practice me, but he only  used a small amount of aura, so I'd get used to it. But this was different. This time he made sure we wouldn't get past.

I had been the first to give up and walk out of that hallway. The boys though, kept trying to take steps forward.

"Don't be reckless," Wing said, taking us all by surprise. I hadn't even noticed him and Zushi standing by me.