Painful X Closure

"My poor Abbiline!" Abby's grandmother cried on the other end of the phone. Ella just nodded, not trusting herself to speak.
     "Thank you, for letting me know. And for being there in her last moments," Abby's grandmother managed. She was trying her best to hold herself together, just until her fingers would move to hang up.
     After hours of sitting in silence, Leorio's sobs eventually turned into dry-heaving, and that is when Kurapika finally decided to take him home. Leorio and Kurapika had spent the majority of the day in Abby's apartment, sharing their favorite memories of her. For a minute, Leorio almost forgot she was no longer there. Almost.
     Kurapika tucked Leorio in, kissing his forehead lightly. Leorio was asleep as soon as his head hit the pillow, and Kurapika followed suit.

~~~

     The funeral wasn't your typical funeral. Instead of all black, everybody who attended wore colorful clothing. Everybody was trying their best to stay cheerful, smiling and laughing as if nothing was wrong, as if their hearts weren't ripped into tiny shreds just thinking about her, like Leorio's was.
     Leorio managed to hold himself together until he reached the casket. She looked so peaceful, so happy. Leorio's knees gave out on him, and Leorio depended on Kurapika to hold him up for the rest.

~~~

     The funeral worked as closure for Leorio. He finally came to terms with what had happened and decided to move on.
     Leorio and Kurapika kept Dusk, the dog that was meant for Abby. Ella took care of the restaurant for a while, though Leorio and Kurapika stopped in when they could.
     Ella eventually got married to a kind man, and after they moved Leorio and Kurapika took over the restaurant.
     Leorio proposed to Kurapika a couple years later, on the docks where they met. Their wedding was small but beautiful.
    Looking back on it all, all Leorio could think to say about his past was, "Thank you, Abbiline."

Hey guys! This is the past chapter, so I just wanted to say thank you all so much, and that I couldn't have made it  this far without all of you! Please vote and comment! Thanks for reading!