Puddle X Of X Red

Leorio felt his heart drop the instant he pulled out of the parking lot. Something wasn't right, but he wasn't sure what it was.

        Abby could see the pain in Leorio's eyes. "Do you want me to drive?" She asked Leorio in a whisper.

         "Please?" He asked, pulling over to the side of the road in defeat.

         "Are you ok?" Abby asked, worried about Leorio.

        "I will be."

        Leorio and Abby switched spots in silence. Abby could tell something was wrong, but decided to give Leorio some space. She watched out of the corner of her eye as a tear ran down his face.

        Leorio was embarrassed. It's not like he was never going to see Kurapika again. So why did he feel so sick? Why was his heart hurting so bad? Why did he have the feeling he was never going to see Kurapika again?

       Reaching the apartment, Abby half carried Leorio up the stairs. Leorio felt weak. He couldn't shake the feeling that something had happened.

        "Why did we let him go in there?" Leorio asked himself out loud. "Somethings wrong. I can feel it." He whispered.

        Abby didn't know what to say. "Do you want to go back?" She asked.

       "I don't know!" Leorio yelled. "I don't know." He repeated, whispering.

       "Get in the car. We're going back. Always trust your gut. Let's go." Abby declared.

       "You don't think it'd be weird?" Leorio asked, feeling even more uneasy. "What if everything is ok, then I'll look like a complete fool!"

        "So find a reason to go over there. Maybe say he left his jacket or something, I don't know. I just know to trust my gut, and your gut is telling you to go over there." Abby spewed. After seeing the look on Leorio's face, she softened her voice. "It may seem weird to go over there. Trust me, I know. But you need to trust your gut. Do what feels right." She put her hand on Leorio's arm in a comforting manner.

         "I can't believe I'm saying this , but let's go." Leorio decided. "I-I'll say h-he left his..... leftovers." He stuttered.

        Abby rushed to the fridge and started packing some leftovers. It was only a minute later and she already had her arms full with tupperware.

        Leorio grabbed the car keys and opened the door for Abby. Leorio was shaking as he began driving away from the apartment.

        Abby put her hand on Leorio's in an effort to steady him. "It's ok." She whispered.

         When the couple reached Kurapika's apartment Abby set down the tupperware and knocked while Leorio paces in the hall, practicing what to say. There was no answer.

        Abby knocked again. No answer.

        "Kurapika?" Abby yelled, starting to feel the same uneasiness Leorio was feeling. "Kurapika!" She yelled louder. When there was no answer the couple shared a worried glance.

          Leorio rushed to the door, pounding. "Kurapika!" He yelled over and over again, on the verge of tears. "Kurapika, please, open the door!" After another minute of pounding, with still no answer, Leorio started searching frantically for the key.

        Reaching into the pot next to the door, he grabbed the key and thrust it into the lock. He threw open the door, Abby right on his heals. They searched the apartment, looking in every nook and cranny before finally reaching the bedroom.

        Leorio scanned the room, his eyes landing on the bathroom door. Even in the dark, he could faintly see a dark shadow on the ground. He thrust open the bathroom door, gasping at what he saw.

        On the floor was the young Kurta, surrounded by a puddle of blood. His blood. Leorio dropped to his knees, screaming at Kurapika to wake up.

        Abby rushes in at the sound of Leorio's cry, her heart stopping as she saw the scene in front of her. Amongst the blood there was a strange shape. She picked it up, immediately realizing what had happened.

        Leorio watched as Abby picked up a bloody razor, tears in her eyes. He tenderly pulled up Kurapika's sleeve, revealing the source of the problem.

        "Abby! Get me a shirt or rag or something, NOW!" He commanded. Abby ran back into the bedroom and picked up the closest thing to her.

       Leorio tied the shirt tightly around the Kurta's arm, attempting to stop the bleeding. "Call an ambulance. I'll do what I can until they get here." Leorio barked, putting his doctor mind to work.

       The couple heard the ambulance sirens, and ran downstairs, Kurapika in Leorio's arms.

       "Here! Over here!" He yelled, getting the paramedic's attention.  They rushed towards him and put Kurapika on a stretcher.

        "Can I ride?" Leorio asked, not wanting to lose sight of his friend.

        "Hurry up." A tall man said, ushering Leorio into the ambulance.

        Abby waves to Leorio, telling him that she'll see him at the hospital.

         At the hospital Abby and Leorio wait impatiently in the waiting room. Abby was silently crying as Leorio paced around the room.

        A nurse walked in carrying a clipboard. "He's lost a lot of blood. He's in critical condition but should be able to recover." She informed an anxious Leorio and Abby. Abby was the one to answer the question they were both thinking.

       "Can we see him?"

        The nurse hesitated. "He's unconscious, you know that." She sighed. "I guess. Make it quick. Room 43." She gave the couple a sad smile as they ran down the hall to room 43.

        Leorio slowed down as he reached the room. He walked up to Kurapika's bed and grabbed his hand. Abby walked up behind him and put her arms around his waist.

       Leorio started shaking in Abby's arms. "It's my fault." He whispered.

       "It's not anybody's fault. Please tell me you know that." After a short pause she whispered, "Please."

       Leorio stood still. He was watching for any sign of movement in his old friend. It felt like he had only been there for a couple minutes, but he had actually been there for hours. A nurse came in, telling them they had to go.

         "What are visiting hours?" Abby asked, grabbing hers and Leorio's stuff.

        "Visitation hours start at seven, end at seven." She smiled kindly.

        Leorio looked at Abby and she nodded, indicating they would be there.

        Leorio looked at Kurapika one last time before walking out the door. He was to see him again tomorrow, no matter what happened.

A/N

Hi guys! So I know I probably should have used better words to end the last chapter, sorry for the scare! Vote and comment! P.S. the pic is not mine