𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚃𝚎𝚜𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝙻𝚘𝚢𝚊𝚕𝚝𝚢

We get back to the hospital and I pull the box of burgers from my car. We walk inside and Jughead yells.

"Who's hungry? We've got burgers and fries and onion rings." Everyone cheers and Reggie walks over first with Moose and Midge.

"Nice, Jugs." Moose says and he grabs a burger from Jughead.
***
We sat in the cafeteria and I sipped my milkshake from earlier.

"Your dad would be so proud of you, Arch."

"Yeah, you've really been just a rock-star god through all of this." Archie put his head down and I grab his free hand. Veronica looks at us and I ignore her.

"Archie... What is it? Talk to us. Maybe we can help."

"Guys, there's something I haven't told you, 'cause I'm... So... I'm so ashamed. After the guy fired, I should've rushed to my dad straight away. Or I should've tackled the guy, but I was... I was paralyzed. I didn't move, not even when the guy walked up to me, and he held his gun to my head. And I just closed my eyes, I don't know how long. Long enough for the guy to have taken my dad's wallet, I guess. But I didn't open them until I heard the bell. Pop's bell. Which meant he was gone."

"There was nothing else you could've done."

"That's not true, Betty. I could've done anything to comfort my dad. To get the gun away from the guy. I was a coward. And now, me and my dad were witnesses, Pop Tate too. This guy may have my dad's wallet, all his information. What if he comes back?"

"He won't Archie, I promise your dad is safe now and you have us to make sure of that." I reassure him and he nods.
***
I sat in a chair across from Mr. Andrews and I grab his hand.

"Why is it that nobody can say anything until something like this happens." I chuckle and sigh.

"I hope that you can hear me but if not then that's okay too. I wanted to say thank you for always being there for me. You were like my second dad." I chuckle.

"If my parents couldn't make it to my soccer games you would always be there to cheer me on. I appreciate everything you've done for me and my family. You keep fighting Mr. Andrews, because I know you'll make it no matter what is trying to stop you." I kiss his forehead and walk out of the room. I go back into the lobby and walk over to Archie.

"I'm gonna head home, but you'll keep me posted." Archie nods and I hug him.
"Everything will be okay." I reassure him and he nods. I walk out and Jughead is talking to Betty.

"Jug are you staying at mine tonight."

"Yeah I don't want to drive in the rain for long. I'll follow behind you."

"Okay." I go to my car and drive to my house.
***
I pull up to my driveway and get out of the car. Jughead pulls up next to me and cuts his bike.

"What are the Serpents doing here." He asks and I shrug.

"I don't know, I thought they would have just called me." We walk inside and I drop my things.

"What the hell, guys? What is this? What would have happened if my mom showed up." I yell and Tall Boy and Andrew were surrounding a Serpent whose face was beaten up. Nick sat on the couch and I look over at them.

"Went out like you asked. This guy was holding court in the Whyte Wyrm. Talking about how if Freddy Andrews was gonna let Hiram Lodge's bitch run the show, fire his crew, then it's good he was gut-shot. So we thought we might press him a bit. See if it was all just talk."

"And?"

"And... after a lengthy cross-examination, yeah, we've concluded, he was just being a loudmouth."

"What did you bring him here for if he didn't even do anything?"

"So you could see we'd done what you asked. So you could tell your old man and FP. That's important to us. With or without the jackets, you're all Serpents." There was no getting around this so I just had to go with the flow.

"Thank you guys."

"Your not angry with us." Andrew asks and I shake my head.

"No, I was just shocked. You did what I asked so thank you."

"No problem." They pick the guy up and they take him outside. I sigh and go into the kitchen. Nick walks in and he shakes his head.

"What were you thinking." He whispers and I shrug.

"I didn't think they were going to hurt someone." I say and I sit down at the dinner table.

"Well now you know what extent they will go to. Do you still want to be a Serpent." I shrug.

"Doesn't seem to bad of a life."

"Anna."

"What, when the mayor turned her back on us who was there the Serpents. When the town wanted to exile us, the Serpent's were there. They are our family and we have Serpent blood running through us. We need them now more then ever."

"I agree." Jughead walks over and he leans against the counter.

"I don't know but whatever you guys are planning on doing to help find this guy. I want in. I sat around and did nothing while you guys were looking for Jason's killer. I want to help this time." Nick says and I nod.

"I don't think better words have been spoken between the Jones twins." I smile and he shakes his head.

"I'm gonna regret this." He says and walks up to his room.

"I'm gonna head to bed, so I'll see you guys in the morning." I go upstairs and set my things down. I feel two hands touch my shoulders and I jump.

"It's just me." SweetPea says and he kisses down my neck.

"How long have you been here."

"Since Tall Boy and Andrew left." I turn around and press my lips to his. I back him up on the bed and he falls onto his back.

I pull his shirt off and kiss down his chest.

"I heard you and your brother talking about becoming a Serpent." I kiss his tattoo and he groans.

"Fuck...I love you." He kisses me and I smile.

"I love you too." I kiss him and he takes my shirt off. He flips me over and kisses down my body.

*Jughead's Narration*

Once Mrs. Andrews got to town, and Mr. Andrews was back at home, recovering in his bed, Archie's true vigil began. He made a promise, a vow to protect his father from harm. And as long as the man in the black hood is out there in the night, Archie intended to keep that promise. Never imagined that the Angel of Death is stalking different streets tonight in the small town of Greendale, just on the other side of Sweetwater River.