𝚂𝚝𝚊𝚕𝚔𝚎𝚛 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚆𝚘𝚘𝚍𝚜

*Jughead's Narration*

Every fairy tale comes with the same warning: Good children should never go into the woods alone. Stray from the path and who knows what you'll encounter. A hungry wolf. A handsome devil. Or maybe something worse.

*Anna's POV*

I straddled SweetPea's lap and kiss down his neck. I lift his shirt over his head and run my hands over his defined chest and stomach.

I grind against the bulge in his pants causing him to groan and he pulls away to undo my shorts.

"Since I entered that damn diner I've been wanting to tear these off of you."

"Then why didn't you." He reaches his hand down into my shorts and I grind against his hand.

"Shit." I moan and make small love bites along his neck.

A gunshot goes off and I shoot my head up and get off of SweetPea.

"What the hell was that." SweetPea says and I button my shorts back up and go to get out.

"Anna don't."

"SweetPea what happens if someone needs help." I pull away and get out of the car.

"Anna." SweetPea calls after me and I ignore him.

Once I round the corner I see Midge running out of a car and then Kevin who she embraces.

"What happened." I run over and I see Moose covered in blood lying in the front seat.

"Check Moose." I take my flannel off and tear it.

"Moose can you hear me." He nods. I put pressure on the wounds using my flannel and Kevin walks over with a crying Midge.

"Did you call the cops."

"Yeah." Kevin was holding onto Midge and she cried into his shirt.

"They didn't go through, who shot at you guys."

"I don't know but he ran." Midge cried and points to the woods.

I hold pressure on the wounds and I finally see a light.

"Kevin." I hear Sheriff Keller yell.

"We're here." I yell and he runs over with paramedics.

They take Moose and they hand me a blanket. I sat on the hood of the cruiser and Sheriff Keller walks over to me.

"Why am I always finding you in these situations."

"Coincidence." I chuckle and he shakes his head.

"Any drinking."

"No."

"Drugs."

"No, sheriff you know I don't do those things."

"Anna, it's procedure."

"I know. I just..." Jay walks over and I shake my head.

"My hero." Sheriff Keller looks over and sighs.

"Detective." He says and he hands me some clothes.

"Go change." I nod and go over to an area and quickly change out of my bloody clothes. Jay walks over and I put my clothes in a small bag.

"Why the hell were you out here knowing someone is out here killing people."

"I didn't think he would be out here."

"That could have been you instead of your friends."

"I get it can I go home now."

"Yeah go ahead." I walk away and SweetPea pulls the car around. He pulls away and I lean my head on his shoulder.

"What were you thinking."

"I don't know."

"You could have been shot Anna."

"I know that, it's just that I wasn't going to stand around and do nothing if someone was hurt." He pulls into the parking lot of the trailer park and we both get out and we walk into his place.

"I'm gonna go take a shower." I nod and he kisses my forehead. I walk over to the bathroom and undress. SweetPea was already under the water and I step in behind him. I wrap my arms around his waist and he turns around.

"Are you okay, after what happened." I nod and he moves my wet hair from my face and kisses me.

"I wish you wouldn't run off like that, it could have been you and I worry. I know I say shit but when it comes to you, I need you to be more careful. I don't know what I would do without you. Promise me you'll be more careful."

"I promise." He kisses me again and we finish showing.
***
"It was full-on Carrie. Midge covered in Moose's blood, screaming like a banshee. It was insane." Kevin says and I nod while drinking my coffee.

"Kev, what were you and Anna even doing there? You could've been shot, too."

"I was just night-jogging you know, as one does, and suddenly, I hear gunshots." They look over at me and I shrug.

"I went to sit out by the cliff after Pops. It's been stressful lately and I needed to think." I shrug and Jug looks over at me.

"Can we agree at least agree now that there's a killer on the loose?"

"With terrible aim."

"Jughead, he murdered Ms. Grundy."

"Woah, Grundy ate shit. Where the hell was I." I lean over to Jughead. He shrugs and I look at Archie.

"Arch, we don't know that these three crimes are related." I say and he stares at me.

"Guys, can we focus on what matters here? Midge and Moose are alive. Archie's dad survived. The new season of The Matchlerette starts tonight. You're all coming over to watch."

"Veronica, there's a shooter terrorizing the town. You really want us to watch a gross reality dating show?" I say and she sighs.

"What I really want is for you guys to meet my dad officially. Back in New York, my dad was always in his study, doing very bad things, as it turns out. I'm tired of closed doors. I need to know my dad's life and he needs to know mine."

"Well, we'll be there, V."

"Can't wait." I roll my eyes and my brother comes in with Reggie and half the football team.

"Hey, Andrews, Jones, we're going to the hospital to see Moose. You two coming?"

"Yeah, for sure. I'll see you tonight, Ronnie." Archie gets up with me and kisses Veronica. Jug then gets up and sighs.

"I better go. I was supposed to meet my peer mentor at Southside High half an hour ago."

"I'll take you since it's on my way." He nods and I walk out.