Chapter 6

Amara hung out with the guys for a few hours when she figured it was time to head back home

Amara hung out with the guys for a few hours when she figured it was time to head back home. She pinched Paul who was half asleep gripping her closer to him as his eyes struggled to stay open. Her pinch made his eyes shoot open and look at her worried. "Im sorry but I should probably head home now. Gotta make sure the kids eat." Amara explained making the others confused but Paul nodded his head.

Emily pulled Amara into a hug which she was shocked by but returned it. Paul gently set his hand on her back leading her out, he was excited to see where his imprint lived. He already planned to patrol around her house.

"How'd you like it?" Paul asked with a smirk and Amara looked to him with a gentle smile. "Relaxing to just sit around and not worry or work. It was a nice change." Amara revealed making Paul happier. "I'm glad  and now I get to see your family?" Paul asked but Amara tensed and bit her tongue. "I don't know if you'd want to-" she began to say but Paul chuckled lowly. "Of course I do. I can handle it Amara..." he trailed off as she looked mortified about him coming into her house.

"Well I'm sorry in advanced." Amara mumbled but he still heard it and tensed a bit unsure if he really could handle it. Pulling up to the house Paul recognized it as the house that always seemed to be moving owners left and right. The new weird kid from 8th grade Jason Diddlebock used to live here. He used to sniff sharpies throughout school Paul couldn't imagine what he did at home. It seemed all the lights were on and children's yells came from inside.

Amara already felt embarrassed.

Walking through the door Paul took everything in, the house was packed with boxes and a baseball bat hung beside the front door. A baby or young child began crying in the kitchen, a young boy screaming and a young girl. Amara immediately left to go see what was happening and Paul heard her yelling at her brother. "CARL WHAT DID WE SAY ABOUT MICROWAVING ANIMALS!" Amara yelled taking live mice out the back door as Paul came in looking a bit scared.

"Ah come on Mar it was funny." Carl scoffed before looking to the tall man who stared at him with interest. "Who's the bloke?" He asked making Debbie stop trying to feed a fussy Liam. "Guys this is my friend Paul. Paul this is my brother Carl, my sister Debbie, and my brother Liam." I say with a smile as I pick up Liam who stopped crying once I began bouncing him in my arms.

"It's nice to meet you guys, your sisters only told me great things." Paul smiled but Carl scoffed. "Dude your talking to the family psycho no need to try and impress me." Carl said before going up to his room. "Oh thank god your here Amara you won't believe who's moving in-" Fiona began to squeal excitedly but stopped short seeing Paul and she looked a bit intimidated. "Who's this?" Fiona asked with a smile but Amara saw the truth and swallowed a bit harshly.

"This is Paul Amara's boyfriend." Debbie teased with her younger sticking out before running away. "Brat! This is my new friend Paul." Amara said making Fiona nod slowly but reach out to shake his hand. "I'm Fiona, the oldest and most protective one." Fiona said it with an edge but Paul shook her hand still and wore a smile. "Pleasure to meet you." He was awkward which made Amara smile and Fiona to shoot a look that he wasn't a complete tool.

"Well Paul would you like to stay? I'm ordering a few pizzas." Fiona beamed but Amara knew her sister it was a test. "Uh yeah sure." Paul smiled taking his coat off that Fiona put on the coat rack for him. "Here you two go to the living room I'll make the call." Fiona smiled but Amara knew this test, and she knew who'd be walking through that door any minute.

—————————————

The two laughed and Fiona watched with a smile, so far Paul seemed like a genuinely good guy

The two laughed and Fiona watched with a smile, so far Paul seemed like a genuinely good guy. The three were talking about random things when the doorbell rang. "That'll be the pizza I'll get it." Amara said standing up and brushing her hands that had been sweaty earlier on her leggings. "Are you sure I could-" Fiona began but Amara waved her off with a smile. Fiona studied how Paul looked at her sister and felt a smile come to her face. "You seem to like her a lot for only just meeting her today?" Fiona asked trying to get to the bottom of things. "She's not like anyone else." Paul said smiling as Amara walked over with the pizzas.

"HELLIONS FOODS HERE!" Amara yelled up the stairs and it sounded like elephants responded as they came running making loud thuds. It was around 11 by now when the true test began and a very drunk Frank Ghallager bust through the door cigarette in mouth and a beer bottle in the other.
He stopped short as everyone went quiet and stared at him. "Sorry did I ruin the party?" He asked sarcastically taking the cigarette from his mouth and smiling at his children before looking at Paul in utter confusion. He even began counting all the kids before pointing at Paul who looked confused.

"Only 7 out of 8 of you are mine right?" He asked deadly serious making everyone laugh and Amara to smile and shake her head at Paul. Luckily for her Frank seemed to be having a good drunk type of night. "I'm Paul, I'm Amara's friend." As Paul shook Frank's outstretched hand Frank looked from me to Paul before looking Paul up and down. "Ah well I bet she didn't fucking tell you she had a "hip" ass dad in the picture." Frank laughed sitting on the couch and grabbing some pizza. "Actually she did. Told me you guys know how to have some fun." Paul smirked and Amara shook her head before facepalming.

"Ohhhh yesss we do. Hey you wouldn't happen to know any junkyards around here right? Or free but burnable cars?" Frank asked hopefully making the kids look excited even Amara until Paul shook his head. "Damn guess we will have to keep looking for our welcoming party huh kids?" He laughed drinking his beer as the children laughed even Amara who seemed to relax. Glad Fionas little test was easy.

Fionas test was to see if Paul could handle the crazy, and Amara was god to ease him into the craziness of Frank. She knew Frank would have a bad day soon but she was glad he didn't embarrass her on the first day. And Fiona looked to approve. Amara felt like things were good and stress free.

If only the good could stay forever.