Chapter 9

Amara woke up feeling both groggy and embarrassed from last night

Amara woke up feeling both groggy and embarrassed from last night. She sighed as she slowly sat up in bed checking the time, before scrambling from her bed and getting ready for school. Fiona began yelling for the kids to wake up at that same moment making Amara huff as she rushed to get ready. She ran down the stairs with one shoe on and sat at the kitchen table where Fiona gave her a knowing look. "How late were you out last night?" Fiona asked suggestively making Amara roll her eyes but hide her blush. "First we went to this nice restaurant , then the movies, and then he took me dancing." She smiled happily as Fiona looked impressed. "How lucky did he get?" Fiona asked her sister trying to figure out whether she was sexually active.

The Ghallagher's were very open about their sex life's to an extent, so Amara blushed madly at the upfront question. "He got a good nights kiss, and then some but not the full thing." Amara admitted making Fionas eyebrows shoot up to her hairline in pure disbelief. The hellions were done upstairs and came running down similar to a stampede. So Fiona just gave her a look before helping Carl get dressed as Amara got up and served the breakfast Fiona had been cooking. Soon Kev and Veronica came up to eat as well before Kev started his first day as a bartender in the Forks bar. Veronica was still posting sexual videos online for money as well as getting a side hustle as a waitress for the Forks diner with Fiona.

"So how'd your date go? I never heard you come home?" Veronica asked pouring her self a glass of orange juice. "Good. Went to a restaurant, a scary movie and then dancing." Amara shrugged as everyone stared at her waiting for deets. Well except her youngest siblings who were clueless. "And?" Veronica asked hinting to the same thing Fiona had been asking her. "And a kiss that's it." Amara said simply shrugging as Veronica looked disappointed and Kev looked confused. "Damn your really making him work for it." He said biting into his toast and then kissing Veronicas cheek.

"Work for what?" Debbie asked as everyone looked for an out. "Working for her to be his girlfriend." Lip said cheekily as Amara swatted at him. Carl scoffed, "More like working to bone her." He said making everyone look at him shocked as he continued on with his food.

Everyone just soon shrugged it off before talking about the next round of bills that were due. "Okay so next up we have the cell phone bill, Amara's van bill, and.... And the house payment." Fiona said rushing to the calendar then sighing. All together that's gonna be at least $600, so everyone began digging in their pockets and wallets fishing out however much they could find. "I got $200 left from what I saved while working over there." Amara sighed setting down what she had left. Lip pulled out the $50 from his tutoring gig with Karen saying he was teaching her again after school for another $50. Ian pulled out $75 that he had saved from his job back home also out of money like Amara. That had them at $375.

"I got about $100 tips yesterday from work.... I think I get paid tomorrow so.... If anything we wait a day on the phone bill." Fiona sighed before looking to Debbie and Carl. "I'm gonna get $25 from babysitting today." Debbie offered leaving them at $500. All eyes went to Carl who was eating as if nothing was happening. "What about you little man what chump change you got?" Lip asked already knowing it wouldn't be anything too big. "I got.... 20." He threw across the table surprising some as they thought it would be lower. "From where?" Amara asked already having a feeling. "Bet some kids that I could eat a worm at school.... I won." He shrugged making everyone nod slowly before looking with puppy dog eyes to Kev.