Chapter 1

The sprawling lawns of Maheshwari Mansion were bustling with excitement. Guests relaxed on chairs laid out on the green grass, family gathered catching up on gossips, attendants walked around serving nibbles and drinks, children ran around playing hide and seek and a soft melody of the flute flooded the premises. Sujata Maheswari’s daughter was getting engaged and that was the talk of the town. She had invited the media, for a short coverage of the wedding and the throng of media and the flash lights added glamour to the event.

Mishti, the eldest daughter of Sujata Maheshwari was a wise, practical and working woman. She was what people would call 'Hitler'. She was very brave and confident but today, she was feeling neither. She was feeling the storm.

The younger sister Kuhu was different from her sister; candy love stories, mills and boons and the classic romantic fictional characters were her friends. She dreamt of the Prince Charming who would one day take her away to a land of fairies where they would live happily all their life.

Both the sisters loved each other immensely. And today, Mishti was getting officially engaged. She would be of someone else. They have to share her love with someone else.

"Mishti, are you happy with this?" Kuhu asked as she helped Mishti with the final touch up.

"I don't know." Was the only thing that escaped her mouth.

Kuhu hugged Mishti, who buried her face in her shoulder, eyes brimming in tears. Her life was coming to an end, and there was nothing that she could do about it.

"I wish you didn't have to marry him. I don't even like him!" exclaimed Kuhu in disgust, as she adjusted Mishti's veil over her head.

Mishti knew Kuhu didn't like him. Neither she did. But she had to do it. Aryan was her Mamma's choice and she could never ever doubt it. Not even in her dreams!

But was she doing right? Giving her life to someone who she hardly knows?

Soon she was standing on the stage with Aryan on side and Kuhu on the other. Aryan lifted her hand where it lay limp at her side and slid his ring on her finger as Mishti fought not to cry.

"Dance?" He bowed, hand held out to her after the guest congratulated them and the photographers were done taking the photographs.

Her first instinct was to refuse but she had just accepted to marry him. She forced a smile and held out a hand.
He led her off to the dance floor where other couples had made their way and Aryan held her close as a slow song started to play.

Kuhu hated the man near her sister. She couldn't stand it and tried to move away but she felt a strong arm holding her and pull towards the dance floor. To say she was shocked would be an understatement. As the song started he placed his hand on her waist and shiver ran down her spine, while her breath hitched as she raised her hand and hesitantly placed it on his shoulder. She looked into his eyes; they were intense. They moved as the song proceed, Kuhu was lost in him, she wanted to stop herself from losing her senses to a stranger. His close proximity was making it difficult for her to move even, she was feeling like she will pass out any moment, she closed her eyes to calm herself.

"Do I know you?" She asked somehow.
He just smirked. He pulled her closer to him, making her hit his chest, he placed both of his hands on her waist and tightened his hold on her.

As the song ended, he left her and moved but Kuhu held his held.

"Who are you?" She wanted to know, who had make her feel so different in just few minutes.

"Kunal!" Mishti left Aryan's hand and hugged the man.

Kuhu was stunned hearing the name. Kunal? Her Kunal! Her best friend. He had went to America when they were 7 years old. They had no source to contact each other, but she had missed him. How the hell couldn't she recognise him?

"How's the surprise?" Mishti teased Kuhu. "He called me yesterday, and it was his idea to surprise you like this."

"I hope you aren't angry with me." Kunal said and Kuhu realised that he has a husky yet sexy voice.

What are you thinking Kuhu, she scolded herself mentally and blushed.

Kunal smiled at that.

"I missed you." Kuhu said as she hugged him.

"Me too." He replied with a smirk.

"It's just the beginning, sweetheart. Just wait and watch what do I make you feel." Thought Kunal Rajvansh and smirked.
______________

Mishti sat on a bench in the park lost in her thoughts. The party got over few hours before and she wanted some alone time. She kept looking at the moon and her eyes spoke a hundred words that were being conveyed to the moon. She closed her eyes to feel the breeze on her face. The weather was pleasant, unlike her life. She was just like a coconut. Hard and brave from outside, who can do anything to protect her family but from inside, she was an innocent girl next door who wanted happiness in her life.

"Have you just finished crying, or trying not to cry?" She heard a stranger voice.

"Excuse me?" She said as she realised she doesn't know the man who was talking to her.

"You know it's easy to share your problems with strangers." He smiled.

Mishti looked at him for a moment. She got up. She shouldn't trust any stranger, she decided. When she moved past him, her arm slightly brushed his shoulder.

"You can trust me," He tried to stop her and she did. "You don't know me, and I will never tell your secret to anyone."
Mishti looked back and him. Her instinct told her to trust him. He had sincerity in his eyes. She walked back and sat near him.

"I am getting married in 2 months," She started and her stranger friend listened to her patiently. "My mother is very happy with this alliance, he is her friend's son. Well behaved, well educated. My mother likes him a lot. But.."

"But you don't love him" he completed her and she looked at him surprised.
"You know thinking for others is right, but being selfish sometimes is not wrong as well." He said with a smile.

"So, I shouldn't have agreed?" She asked.

"You still have time." He replied.

"I don't," Mishti laughed on her fate. "We had the engagement ceremony today. And I am surely going to get married."

"You are going to, not already married."

Mishti realised that he was right. It was the biggest decision of her life and she needs to think of herself. She would talk to her mother very soon, she decided.

"It's late, I should leave." She excused and got up.

She moved forward and turned.

"Hey!" She called him. "What's your name?"

"Abir." He replied with a smile.

"Mishti." She smiled back. "Nice to meet you. Hope we meet again."

He nodded and Mishti left towards her destination. Abir looked up to the sky and let out an evil laugh.

"We'll meet Miss Mishti Maheshwari, we'll meet very soon." He smirked.

Hola guys! So here is the first chapter. I hope you guys like it.

Do vote if you think I should continue :)