Chapter 3

Mishti couldn't believe that her fiance Aryan was a cheat. He was marrying her only because of her property and reputation. She wouldn't have known about all this if Abir would have not taken her to a hotel room to catch him red-handed with his girlfriend. Mishti broke the engagement there and then.
But she was done now. She was done sitting around and mopping. She was done enduring people's sympathetic gaze on her. She was done feeling bad about the good for nothing Aryan cheating her. She wanted out and she knew precisely how to get it.

"One vodka shot, please." Mishti ordered as soon as she entered the pub.
While waiting for her order she glanced at the dance floor thick with dancing couples. How many of them were really faithful to each other? How many were planning to dump their partners? Bloody love! Nothing good came of it. She thought as she gulp down the drink.

"Sneaking away at night is bad," A husky male voice sounded in her ears.  

"What are you doing here?" She snapped at the owner of the voice.  

"Doing my duty," Abir replied simply , sitting on the high stool next to her.

"Does your duty involve bugging me at all times of the day and at night?" Mishti questioned irritation slowly building up in her.  

"Does your daily schedule involve sneaking out to pubs at ungodly hours?" He questioned back.  

"Bugger off, will you?" she said pissed off.  

"Believe me I have no interest in staying at this forsaken place. But my duty…" he began.  

"Am I that bad, Abir?" Mishti asked in intoxication. "Is that why people don't love me. They leave me and go . Like Papa, like Aryan," Mishti said sadly.   

"I won't leave you, Mishti" Abir said earnestly. "I am your bodyguard, remember?"  

"Promise?" Mishti asked looking at him unblinkingly.  

"Promise." Abir said , flicking her nose.  

Mishti smiled and leaned onto his shoulder. She was feeling drowsy and the nearest head rest was the shoulder beside her. Abir knew she has passed out and picked her in his arms, marching towards Maheshwari Mansion.
__________________

Kuhu sat in her room, upset. It was hard for her to digest the fact that Aryan actually cheated on her sister. On one hand she was happy that Mishti would not have to marry that pervert but on the other hand she was upset thinking about how hurt she must be.

She was lamenting on her thoughts when she felt an assured hold on her shoulder. Kunal sat beside her.

"Relax." He said. "Everything would be fine."

"You don't understand, it's not easy for her," Kuhu said as she stood up from the bed. But her feet slipped and she fell over him, both fell down on the bed. Her hairs were blocking his eyes from seeing the most beautiful eyes of hers. He slowly moved the hairs away from her face and tucked it behind her ear. The atmosphere was heating up. Their breaths mingled and gazes were fixed on each other. Not being able to take the proximity she clutched his shirt. His orbs toggled between her eyes and her luscious pink lips. Attracted like a magnet, he inched closer.

Kuhu's eyes went wide. She pushed him to the side and was about to leave but fell on him again. A few strands of hair got tangled in his shirt's button. In the force her lips landed on his cheek leaving a lipstick mark on his face. She was shocked but Kunal didn't realize it. His hand were wrapped around her bare waist while she tried her best to remove it her tangled hair. Finally with his help her hair was free and so was she. She quickly got up and adjusted her dress.

Kunal too got up from the bed only to notice the lipstick mark on his cheek through the mirror.

"Did you kiss me?" He asked in shock.

"No.." Kuhu replied, panicked. "It was by mistake."

"Why are you scared?" He said with a mischievous smile. "If you want to kiss me, do it properly."

"What do you..."

He pulled her by her waist and smacked his lips on hers stopping her from uttering a word more.

Kuhu was shocked and did not know how to react when she suddenly felt him pull her and kiss her. Her hands were on his chest and he pulled her closer deepening the kiss. She finally gave in and kissed him back passionately, closing her eyes. He pulled out her scarf and it landed somewhere far away in the room.
________

It has been nearly 3 months that Abir has enter the Trivedi mansion as Mishti's bodyguard. 3 months since Kunal has entered Kuhu's life in the guise of her childhood friend.

"Bhai, how's everything going on with Mishti?" Kunal asked.

"I don't know," Abir sighed. "She always lives in an angry mood after her break-up. I can't understand how to make her feel smitten by me."

"Then do the reverse." Kunal smirked. "Pretend to be smitten by her."
"I think that would work," Abir said with a smirk.

"Just keep doing it, 1 month and she will be all yours."

Abir looked at Kunal a little worried who was smiling.

"Kunal, we are here to take our revenge on them, but we will cross the limits." Abir said in a stern voice. "You understand that?"

Kunal nodded. He knew his brother was full of principles and her didn't want to hurt him. He somewhere knew he had already created a blunder but refused to accept it. So all he decided to do was to shut up.

______

Hola guys! That's all for today. I hope you like it :)