|Chapter 1: best ninja |

You slowly opened your eyes to a strange feeling, as if someone was watching you. When your eyelids fully opened...well someone did watch you.

"AAH!"
you screamed and almost fell off the bed. The figure beside your bed started laughing and as you looked closer you saw a familiar face. It was Lloyd.

"Jeez, Y/n, you're so easy to scare"
He laughed. You stood up and punched him lightly in the arm.

"No shit I got scared, imagine waking up to someone watching you with those scary, wide opened, green eyes"
You giggled.

"Hey! My eyes are not scary"
Lloyd claimed and quickly looked in the mirror.

"Okay they are pretty scary when I wide open them"
He agreed.

"Why were you staring at me anyways"
You questioned and walked to the closet to find something to wear for today.

"I wanted to scream in your ear while you were sleeping but first of all, it would be too cruel even for me and second of all, you woke up before I could even do this. But you got scared anyway so same for me."
He explained.

"You're in the mood today I see. Is something happening?"
You replied with a slight smile crossing your face.

"Well, today is someone's birthday!"
He cheered with his unusual excitement. You stopped for a while to process who he is talking about.

"...Lloyd your birthday is about a half year."
You acknowledged.

"I'm not talking about myself, it's Jay's birthday today!"
He applauded. You froze.

"What!? Why didn't you tell me before?!"
You yelled in panic.

"Well, I didn't know it was so important."

"Of course it's important!"
You screamed and quickly went behind the screen so that you can change.

"Hmm... You weren't so excited about my birthday"
He announced with his fake sadness. As he said that you tried to find a good reason why.

"Well..."
You began and walked away from the screen in your casual clothes.

"Oh I know what's happening here"
He said with his strange smirk.

"Somone's gotta crush on Jay~"
He teased.

"No, it's not like that... Who am I lying to, it is like that!"
You sighed and sat on your bed.

"He likes Nya anyways..."
You added and looked down.

"I wouldn't be so sure about that, they don't even talk that much"
He cheered you up.

"Anyways... I dont even have any gift for him! I have to go and buy something"

"Wait no you can't, the party starts in a minute!"
He stopped you.

"W H A T. OKAY OKAY I GOT THIS I WILL MAKE SOMETHING FOR HIM GO AND TELL THEM ILL BE THERE IN A MOMENT"
you panicked again. He slightly patted your shoulder and nodded. And so he left your room. You decided to draw something for him even tho your art skills weren't pretty good, you tried your best. Minutes were passing and you were done... But it felt like something was missing. You looked at the drawing again.

"Should I add a heart..."
You mumbled to yourself as you stared at the drawing for some more. 'Fuck it' you thought and drew the heart and folded the paper. You ran out of your room to the living room of the monastery, everyone was already there laughing and talking as they watched Jay open the gifts. As you entered everyone's eyes automatically went on you which made you a bit embarrassed so you hid the drawing behind your back.

"Good morning everyone..."
You said with an unusual lower voice.

"Good morning Y/n"
Master Wu replied others smile at your sight. You walked closer to Jay.

"Happy birthday Jay"
You said and slowly handed him the paper.

"Thanks, Y/n!"
He cheered and unfolded the paper. He seemed pretty shocked at first which freaked you out a bit.

"I know it's bad im sorry! I completely forgot about your birthday and I didn't buy a proper gift"
You apologized thinking he would be mad at you but in fact, he was smiling. You didn't know if it was because he liked it or if he was laughing at how bad the drawing is.

"Y/n... It's adorable! Best gift!"
He praised almost jumping from happiness.

"What!? Better gift than mine!? No way! Show me!"Kai stood up nervously and took a look at the drawing

Kai stood up nervously and took a look at the drawing.

"Hey! He's not the best ninja! It's obviously me."
He yelled which caught others attention and soon after everyone was discussing your drawing. It felt pretty nice that they showed some interest in it. And so the party went on. Everyone talked, laughed, played games and more. You loved moments like this. You could feel this family atmosphere that you haven't experienced before. Well, it wasn't the only thing you felt, some other feeling that was filling your heart right now was interest, happiness and most importantly love for this one person that now sat next to you and were telling jokes so that everyone would laugh. Of course, you felt this way towards Jay. You didn't know what was so special about him but something definitely was. His smile hit your heart differently than the others. You felt safe around him not only physically but also mentally and emotionally.

You truly wanted him to notice your feeling someday and even say those beautiful words you haven't hear anyone say except for your sister 'i love you'