Chapter 2

Kay's P. O. V.
I gladly ate my salad and drank the milkshake, then fell asleep. My mom woke me up when our car pulled into the driveway.
"Come on, honey, time to start unpacking."
"Mom, won't that take a few days?"
"Yes, it will. But don't you want to be able to sleep tonight?" There was no point procrastinating. She won. I had to unpack. The house was in a quite, not-so-busy neighbor hood. I investigated the yard. It looked like the same yard Chip and Caramel had.
"Miami, get out here!" My mom yelled at my sister. She had just snuck inside. "Uh, mom, what is it?" "You know, you wanted to go to collage here because your old collage wasn't right for you. If this one isn't right for you, we aren't moving again got it?" Miami nodded and shrugged. She headed back inside.
"And take a few of these boxes please." Now was my chance to sneak inside and not unpack.
"Where do you think you are going, Kayla?" Mom handed me a large box.
"That's your books and a few of your collectable cards." I collected Pókemon cards, and Hockey Cards, and a few other cards too. I don't even know why. I don't even know how I get them. I guess I find them in the trash or stuff like that. And then when I was little I got about fifteen packs of Pókemon Cards for Christmas. I walked up the front porch and then opened the door. My dad put his hand on my shoulders and whispered in my ear, "As a surprise for Miami's leaving, we're going to a Soccer game." Dad held out five tickets. I remembered when I was almost asleep in the car we passed a stadium. Maybe it was a soccer stadium. This would be fun.
"Dad, where is my room again?" My dad lead me up the stars and to the second room on the right. It was painted green and pink. "Can we repaint it tomorrow?" I asked, pouting. Green wasn't my favorite color, and especially not if it was forest green. Also ballet pink isn't on the top of my list either.
"Kayla! I found the box with your electronics!" I heard mom say. I dropped the book box and ran back downstairs. And that's how the rest of the day went.
"Miami, Kayla! Your clothes! Tyler, yours are coming!"
"Here, this is the mattress for your bed! And these are your sheets."
"Miami, do you need all of these? Really? Can't you give these old Pokemon Cards to Kay?"
Mom complained for, like, 16 hours. We got here at 9:45 in the morning. And now it was 12: 30. At night. My bed wasn't completely ready. It still wasn't made. So I just lied there, with my sheets on my face and my pillows still in some box. My room looked pretty good. It was still pink and green, but tomorrow mom promised to help me paint it Lemon Yellow, Sunset Orange, Candy Pink, Electric Blue, and Lime Green. We were going to paint a candy-land mural. My bookshelf was at the head of my bed, a small glass box for my cards, overflowing, seven small boxes near the end of my bed. On of which had two of my pillows, or more, an open one with my stuffed animals, a one-eyed teddy bear with a unicorn horn that is probably actually an old Ugly Doll I call a teddy bear, sticking out at the top of the box. On top of a taped box which I have no clue what the contents of is Miami's Cat, Wasabi. He's black with a white diamond on his face, and his left paw is white, the tip of his tail, and his hind right leg is also white. I accidentally almost killed him once. I'm not proud of the ten weeks in which Wasabi and Miami hissed at me for pretty much every time they saw me. I know three boxes over at the end have my movies and my TV and video games. And the last one is empty, and had my sheets in it. An empty large one sits near the door. It held my clothes, which are in the closet. Four bins that are yellow and orange hold my shirts and hoodies, pants and shorts, socks, underwear, and bras, and finally, my shoes. Hanging up are my three fancy dresses I own. One for parties, a fancy fluffy one, and a one for performances and stuff. It's like some dance thing handed down from Miami. I'm confused about it. And the last things In my room are my desk, my bed, my long mirror, and me.