1.01

"I feel like my life ain't mine"- 1-800-273-8255

T H I R D P E R S O N P O V

"I'll take her in. She's scared and confused, keeping her in a hospital won't be good for anyone." Karen Moskowitz said in front of the girl, her nurse, and the towns sheriff.

"I'm sorry i'm causing so much trouble." The girl sighed, not wanting the attention or worry of others on her.

"Are you sure Karen?" The sheriff asked, seeming not to have a problem with the middle aged women's statement.

"Positive." The sheriff nodded and the girl just smiled at her. The nurse had nothing to say, she was indifferent on the whole situation. All she knew is that she wouldn't be so welcoming to anyone who had no recollection of their past.

"Than it's settled. Once she's all checked out by her nurse and cleared to go she can stay with you." He spoke directly to Karen. He turned to the girl and than began speaking to her.

"If you remember anything. Anything that can help us figure out who you are please let us know. We will be in touch." The teen just nodded and with that the sheriff left the hospital.

"Let's get you checked out." The dark skinned lady smiled as she ushered for Mrs. Moskowitz to leave the room. She complied easily and the check up only took about 15 minutes.

"You're all clear to go. Just have Karen sign you out." The unnamed girl mustered up a small 'thank you' before climbing off of the hospital bed. Still in the hospital gown she went into the small bathroom threw her hair in a messy bun and changed into the fresh clothes Karen had given her an hour prior to their conversation.

The leggings fit her perfectly, hugging her in all the right places and the sweatshirt was rather large. It was evident that Karen bought the girl new leggings but took a sweatshirt from her closet or someone else's. As for shoes, she had none. It seems that Karen forgot about footwear. Not that the girl minded, she was in place to complain about anything.

"Mrs. Moskowitz i'm ready to go." The girl smiled politely at the woman who was welcoming her into her home. The woman smiled and the two went to the front desk.

"Call me Karen. Now come on, let's get you out of this place." Karen ruffled the girls hair lightly. In everyone else's eyes the girl was delicate and new. Not new in a materialistic, shiny way. New in an odd, unfamiliar way.

Signing the girl out was easy. Except Karen left the 'Patient Name' box blank. She was unsure of what to do about that. The girl followed Karen like a lost puppy in the parking lot. She had no idea what her car looked like.