1.03

"I'll admit I feel alone." - Amnesia

E L L A S   P O V

E L L A S   P O V

"Cyberbullying is no laughing matter." All students of West Valley High school sat in the cafeteria as they listened to the guidance counselor speak.

I assumed, that this assembly would be regarding Karen's call to the school last night.

"Sending a cruel message to someone online can be just as hurtful as saying to to their face." Ella agrees. The least they could do was say it to their face.

"I'm not going to name names, but the other day a mother called me up because her son was crying after some kids made fun of his facial deformity." Some people turned to look at Eli.

Sitting next to him, I grabbed his had and gave him a small smile. Though we got into a bit of a fight yesterday, if you could even call it that, it was quickly forgotten.

"It's that kid right there." I turned and glared at the boys who were whispering, not so quietly. Other kids pointed and anyone caught lookin out direction I glared at. Eli covered his mouth in embarrassment and Demetri just looked down at the table.

"But today, our goal here is to make the school a safe space for all students." Miguel spoke as the guidance counselor kept talking.

"You know, if you're sick of getting bullied, my karate dojo's looking for new recruits." Miguel spoke seriously.

"Yeah, right. You hear that Eli? A little karate training and you're gonna kick some major ass." Demetri scoffed and 'karate chopped' the air.

"Can girls join?" I asked curiously. Did I want to do karate? Possibly.

"You're not tough enough for karate." Demetri said making me frown.

"I'll ask my sensei." Miguel told me with a smile.

"I'm serious guys, my sensei is the real deal and i'm sure I could get you guys discounts."

"As enticing as that sounds I think we'd," he motioned between himself and Eli, "rather spend our afternoons playing Crucible Control than getting hit in the face."

"You're going after school?" I asked and Miguel nodded. 

"Can I come with?" Miguel smiled with a nod.

"Your mom won't mind will she Eli? I'll walk home after." I asked anxiously.

"Just text her." He shrugged. I pulled out my phone and texted Karen.