Part 5: Be Persistent and Consistent

Most importantly, don't freak out if it's not happening fast enough. I'll admit I was salty back in 2017 when I first started because other writers who started uploading the same time as me were gaining reads and followers faster than me, even though I felt like my book was just as good as theirs. But here we are in 2021 and I have a hardcover and paperback version of my book to my name while many of those other writers don't even have Wattpad profiles anymore. So what was the difference between us?

Perhaps its a side effect of ADHD, and the fact that I tend to hyperfixate on things, but I'm very stubborn. When I really want something I can't give up. I might take breaks here and there, but whatever it is I'm after is always in the back of my mind, haunting me, until I give in and go back.

The longer you keep at it the more you improve your chances for success. I've even had people comment that they kept seeing my book in their recommended until they finally gave in and read the damn thing (and were glad they did lol.)

 Learn from your mistakes, adjust, experiment, but if it's something you really want to happen you can't afford to stop putting in effort. It's the only way you'll have a fighting chance. It will take some discipline, there will be days when you have to push yourself not only to write and upload, but to write and upload something that's not complete garbage. But if you do, there's a good chance you'll reap the rewards whether that's getting as many eyes on your book as you can, an editor's spotlight, publication, whatever defines success for you.

That's all I've got for now but if you have questions comment and if it's something I'm knowledgeable on I'll put up another chapter.