/ Tricky One /

This is a gengar x reader (gender neutral) oh and also most characters in theses stories are from my own region. Also there's two towers in my region the cemetery one and the haunted one

---

As you walked through lavander town with one of your friends, Velvet, she's have been your friend for a very long time and became a ghost type gym leader. Her favorite pokemon was Haunter, she never thought highly of Gengar due to her thinking it's moves are weak.

She make Haunter hold an everstone to stay the same way it is. Of course Haunter has no problem with it, it isn't one to mess around or misbehave.
Either way, you walked on the light purple path.
People with all kinds of pokemon entering the cemetery.

Velvet threw her pokeball at the air, a pink light beam forming a Haunter shape. As soon as it faded the purple pokemon huddled up to Velvet as it had separation anxiety, even if they were a few few apart, but when protecting her he would have to separate.

"So which tower? We can get a gastly in the cemetery, and most ghost pokemon appear at night in the other one" Velvet said as she petted Haunters head. You out your hand up to your chin.
You nodded slightly and said,

"You said haunter evolves into Gengar right?" You said raising an eyebrow. Velvet nodded as she raised an eyebrow. You smirked and closed your eyes still holding your chin.

"Then I want a Haunter!" You said opening your eyes as you said it. You gripped your pokebelt and grabbed a pokeball from it.

"Are you sure? Haunters a hard one to catch, and I'm pretty sure its a pokemon who shows up at night like the other ones at the other tower". You let your arms droop down.

"Do all ghost pokemon spawn at night?" You said frustrated. Velvet chuckled softly, she shook her head.

"No, no, it's just very rare to catch a Haunter" she said in-between chuckles. You glared at her, destiny in your eyes.

"You know what? Im going to catch a Gengar over at the other tower, and the risk? At night!" You said proudly. Velvet opened her mouth to protest but decided against it.

"You really want that Gengar huh?" Velvet asked raising an eyebrow. You nodded proudly. She giggled and sighed.

"Alright then, just don't die, I'm going to lay my pidgey down for a long rest" She said taking out a pokeball with a passed away pidgey. It didn't want to carry it and make everyone think she killed it.

You nodded softly as you felt bad for her and Haunter, the pidgey and Haunter were pretty close as you remembered. You looked over at Haunter who looked upset over her walking over to the tower to put it down.

You laid your hand on its head softly petting it. Haunter looked up at you and smiled softly, you noticed it dropped it's ever stone. You were going to say something but Velvet yelled for Haunter to come over to her, Haunter instantly flew over to her.

That was the only time Haunter was separated from her for a minute or so. It breaks down if he's even away from her for 20 seconds.

You sighed picking the everstone up. You looked at it. It seemed like Velvet had gone in. You weren't gonna waste your time at that moment, you had to prepare for your Gengar hunt, you started planning which night to go catch on.

---

You held on to your backpack tightly as you walked over to the tower. You held your pokeballs that held you starter and your other teammates. Mr. Mime, Dragonite, Nicket, and Sobble. You placed your hand on the huge doors that led inside the tower.

"Let's hope we can find one" you pushed open the door. The cold aura coming from inside the Tower. You stepped inside, instantly you felt a chill, as if something had just flew past you. You took the pokeball that held Nicket and threw it, taking out Nicket.

"Nick- Nicket!" Nicket chimed as it ran over to you looking around growling at a wall. You looked at where it was growling at. Nothing was there, at least you thought. You walked over to the left hallway. Nicket followed along, the worn out velveteen carpet under your shoes.

You walked into a dinning room, candles lit, you bit your lip out of nervousness. You started walking backwards to book it but you felt eyes watching you and your every step. You quickly turned around and started booking it to the door.

A Haunter appeared in front of you. Your mouth dropped open, you grinned happily.
"Well that was easy!" You said taking out a pokeball. The haunter quickly noticed and closed its eyes. It started glowing a light blue color.

It almost hurt your eyes. You panicked and decided to catch it before it finished evolving. You caught it successfully but the pokemon burt out instantly and continued evolving. You groaned and grabbed the pokeball. Once the haunter was done evolving it looked at you with its toothy smile. It was no longer a haunter.

It was a gengar. And it looked at you with power. You instantly knew you were going to use him in battle non stop to level him up. Even if he was weak to the pokemon fighting.

You smiled looking at it. You nodded softly and gestured for it to follow you and so it did.
You two was the dynamic duo as people called you. You two were pretty strong, turns out that haunter was level 60. You took on the champion but didn't succeed.

Well at least you had gengar with you.