Chapter 6

Wanda's POV

"WANDA!" Natasha screamed as both my legs were cut open, tears blinding my vision.

I looked up to see the German doctor smiling down at me, a creepy grin plastered on his face.

"YOU'RE CRAZY!" I shouted thrashing around in the binds holding me down.

"I'll show you crazy." He spit out, shoving a knife into my chest.

"Babe." Somebody lightly shook me.

He twisted the knife, driving it further into my chest as I grabbed his wrists and tried to pry his hands off the handle.

"Baby." The person said near my ear, shaking me again.

I whined and groaned in pain as I bled out, Natasha trying to help me.

"Wanda." Natasha.

She roughly shook me, my eyes shooting open as I reached my hands into the darkness, reaching for an object to hold on to. I was sweating like crazy, the shirt sticking to my skin as Natasha tried to get my attention.

"Wanda. It was just a nightmare. It didn't happen."

I shook my head as I carefully got out of bed and slowly walked to the bathroom door. I limped as Natasha stood up and trotted to me, grabbing my arm so that I didn't fall. She pushed the door open, following me inside as tears drained from my eyes. I looked on the mirror, inhaling a sharp breath at the sight I was met with. My skin was pale, my eyes were dull with dark purple circles surrounding them, and my hair was plastered to my forehead with sweat as Natasha stood behind me and held me close to her front. She looked tired but I don't think she cared that I had woken her up. I replayed the nightmare over and over again in my head, the sound of Natasha screaming and the pain of the knife making my legs give out under me, Natasha grabbing me quickly as she pulled me up.

"You need to get more sleep, Wanda. You've barely slept for three hours. You know that if you don't get sleep, I'm going to make you." She mumbled in my ear, my breathing coming out in gasps as a worried look etched itself into her face.

"No." I whispered silently, my lips barely opened as she picked me up and laid me back down on the bed.

"Please, Wanda. You know you need it. I'll be right here if you wake up again."

Natasha slowly crawled into the bed, wrapping her arms around my waist as she pulled me in between her legs. I sniffled as tears soaked my face, the dream continuously drifting into my mind and then leaving it, only for the nightmare to return a few seconds later. I cuddled into Natasha's body, turning around to hide my face in her shoulder as she ran her fingers through my long fiery hair, untangling sections with ease. I inhaled the smell of her hair, the warm vanilla smell wafting to my nose as I smiled lightly against her neck.

"You smell good. You smell like vanilla." I mumbled, Natasha giggling as my hands played with her blonde tipped hair, my fingers pulling lightly through the hombre strands.

"You smell like roses."

"Really?" I snorted with a confused expression.

"Yeah. I love how it smells. I love roses." She replied looking at me with green eyes that made me warm inside.

I snuggled into her arms, my head resting on her shoulder as she pulled the covers up. Her hand ran over my thigh, her fingers brushing the stitches making me wince and flinch in pain. I whimpered into her neck, my eyes fluttering as she stopped moving her hand and glanced down to stare at me.

"What happened?"

"It hurts. It burns a lot." I muttered in her ear, her head resting on top of mine.

"I wasn't trying to hurt you baby. I was trying to massage the skin. It'll hurt but the pain goes away after a minute. It only hurts because the skin on your leg is very sensitive."

I nodded, giving her the cue that she could touch my leg again. Her hand drifted down again, her fingertips lightly putting pressure on the skin around the wound, moving it around with her fingers. Inhaling a sharp breath, she kneaded the skin making me sigh out in content as the pain faded away and turned into comfort.

"It doesn't hurt anymore does it?"

I shook my head, closing my eyes as she continued to massage my leg. I once again let my mind get overtaken by sleep, the feeling of Natasha's hand on my thigh lulling me to sleep.

"I'm going to be here the entire night. You can sleep. I'll hold you the whole time." Natasha kissed the top of my head, my muscles untensing in her arms as she held me softly.

I was suddenly awoken as the temperature in the room dropped. Chills shot through my body and down my spine, my body shivering within a few seconds of waking up. I noticed that the sun was coming up which meant that we had slept for a while. I lightly pulled my hand from under the blanket and waved it in the air. My fingers felt numb with cold as I stared at them confused and worried. Somebody slammed the door open to the room, my head snapping around to look at them as I tumbled off the bed. I landed on the floor with a groan as Natasha startled awake and looked around for me.

"Shit. I am so sorry, Wanda. I thought you guys were awake. I didn't realize you were asleep still. I'm sorry for scaring you." Hope said rushing over to me as I chuckled lightly.

"You're okay. I was awake, but she wasn't." I exclaimed, pointing at Natasha who yawned loudly and rubbed her eyes with her hands.

My heart skipped a beat at the sight, her face so cute when she yawned that it made me want to hold her forever. I heard a grumble behind me, so I turned around to see Gamora with her eyes barely opened, her lips slightly pursed as Hope carefully helped me up.

"You seem to be in a good mood." I dryly said, Gamora laughing lightly at my tone.

"Hope kept me up all night with this. She was talking about how worried she was and that she wanted you to be okay. I don't think I slept once the entire night. I'm also not a morning person and I haven't had coffee so don't take offense to anything I say before coffee." She said in a raspy voice, her arms crossed over her chest.

I nodded my head at her as she walked into the room and put her front on the wall, her forehead resting against it as she closed her eyes. I suddenly got the chills again, my body shivering from the cold temperature.

"Does it feel cold to any one in here?" I quickly said, looking at Natasha and Hope as they made light conversation.

"No. It feels a little bit to warm actually." Natasha said with a slight frown.

"Yeah. I agree." Hope softly said, staring at me with curious eyes.

My mind suddenly went into overdrive as thought of a about a million different reasons of why this could be happening.

"I'm cold." I mumbled under my breath, Natasha knitting her eyebrows in confusion at my statement.

"What?" She questioned slowly, getting up to walk over to me.

"I'm really cold. Like my body feels numb cold."

I started shivering, chills running up and down my spine as goosebumps appeared on my arms. Natasha pulled me over to the bed, grabbing a fluffy blanket and nudging me onto the bed. She grabbed my arms, sitting down with her back on the wall, my body in between her legs. Natasha wrapped us in the blankets, my body trembling as the temperature continued to feel like it was dropping drastically.

"By the way, Gamora and I are dating now." Hope said happily, Gamora smiling lightly as she looked deep in thought.

"What?" Natasha asked with a happy expression, a smile forming on my lips as Hope nodded.

"We are."

"That's great." I choked out, the cold piercing through my skin and feeling like it was getting to my bloodstream where it felt like my body was numb.

My body shook with numbness as Natasha held me tightly in her arms.

"When everybody wakes up we'll see why you're so cold, okay?"

I nervously nodded as I closed my eyes and leaned back onto Natasha's chest. What the hell did I do to deserve this?