Chapter 13

Wanda's POV

Steve and Vision led us out of the Quinjet, followed by Bruce and Rhodey, with me and Natasha slowly taking up the rear.

"Wakanda is beautiful." I whispered to Natasha as we walked towards a different building, Vision following us with Steve not far behind.

Shuri led us upstairs into her lab where she immediately started working with Vision. He laid on the table as Shuri used her kimoyo beads to scan Vision's stone. She flipped her hand over and studied the hologram projected over her palm.

"Whoa. The structure is polymorphic." Shuri said as she stared at the hologram.

"Right, we had to attach each neuron non-sequentially." Bruce responded as Shuri looked at him confused.

"Why didn't you just reprogram the synapses to work collectively?" She asked as Vision glanced Bruce as if to the same thing.

"Because we didn't think of it." Bruce said, uncertainty filling his voice.

"I'm sure you did your best." Shuri said as she smiled at Bruce.

"Can you do it?" I questioned as Shuri turned to respond.

"Yes, but there are more than two trillion neurons here. One misalignment could cause a cascade of circuit failures. It will take time brother." Shuri directed the last part at T'Challa as Steve spoke.

"How long?"

"As long as you can give me." She said as Okoye's kimoyo beads chimed an alarm.

Okoye flick one of the beads into her palm where it projected a globe with a pulsing location marker.

"Something's entered the atmosphere." She stated as we watched something hit the shield surrounding Wakanda.

A large shock wave rumbled through the area, debris from a ship destroying acres of forest. The lab that we stood in had a great view of the landing sites that ships had positioned themselves in.

"It's too late. We need to destroy the stone now." Vision said as he tried to get off the table.

Natasha quickly strutted over and nudged him back onto the table.

"Vision, get your ass back on the table." She growled as her eyes shot around to look at me.

"We will hold them off." T'Challa said as he, Okoye, and the guards headed for the door.

"Wanda, as soon as the stone's out of his head...you blow it to hell." Steve commanded as I replied with confidence.

"I will."

"Evacuate the city. Engage all defense procedures." T'Challa stopped for a minute, turning to look at Steve as he pointed. "And get this man a shield."

I walked up to the window watching everything that was going on outside. I glanced sideways to see Natasha staring at my arm for some reason. As she looked away, I grabbed her arm and pulled her towards me.

"Why were you doing that to my arm earlier?" I whispered, trying to not get the attention of the others in the room.

"I don't know. I was getting mad and nervous. I-"

"Natasha, we gotta go." Steve said as he cut off whatever Natasha was going to say.

"I love you." She mumbled against my lips as she kissed me and pulled away, glancing at me one last time before she walked out of the room with Bucky and Steve.

"Are they going to be okay?" I asked as Shuri worked on Vision.

She looked up and shot me a smile.