- 11 -

Sorry for my absence, I was struggling for inspiration and I'm currently dealing with my senior year so that's fun. But I'm back and hopefully I'll update regularly.

Btw I feel the need to clarify: When Natasha says Perci is as strong as a God, shes comparing Perci to Thor/Loki/Odin/etc. cause they're the only gods they're exposed to. (And in this story at least), the Norse Gods arent as powerful as the Greek Gods and arent immortal so thats what I meant :)

Okay, Natasha is a lot smarter than I give most mortals credit. Perci admitted, as they walked into the pool room.

What do you mean?

She may have figured out I was a demigod. Cue a gasp from Thor. And she thought I was your daughter. Cue spluttering. But I managed to convince her I was your sibling instead. There was no direct reaction to that statement so Perci turned to face him. Thor was frowning, confused. But he then shrugged and made a small chuckle.

Thats going to be difficult to explain. Perci chuckled breathily in agreement and they stood awkwardly in the new found silence. Will she tell the others? They pondered for a moment, before she continued.

I havent known her for that long but she doesnt seem like the type to spill unless it affected her. Thor nodded. Im going to spend some time in the pool. Alone. Thor took this as the very obvious hint to leave.

Perci turned and dived in, feeling the cool water surround her. She breathed in deeply, finally feeling calm. She could hear the pumps filtering the pool, and a light buzz from the water, but other than that it was silent. As she closed her eyes she smiled. Pools have always been comforting for her, ever since her mother first took her to one when she was a baby. It always washed over her, calming her down, blocking whatever lay waiting for her on the surface.

Its good to see you smile. Keeping her eyes closed, she (quite childishly) screwed her face up to show her annoyance. Its hard to block all your troubles out when one of them is primarily in the water.

Its no thanks to you. You could have told me what this whole thing was. Its not like I could have said no. Poseidon moved forward in the water, to sit right in front of Perci.

You know I couldnt. And you know your uncle. He doesnt care about anyone but himself.

Dam Dad, really bringing on the Uncle Z hate today, didnt know you cared.

Perci, you know I care. Poseidon sighed, knowing whatever he said couldnt make up for anything. My duties as a god and king of the seas have always been primary to my duties as a father. I should never have left you and your mother. He smiled softly. I want to change that. I want you to be my priority in life, my brother be damned.

Perci wasnt sure how to react. There has been nothing more than her fathers love she wanted, but was it love in pity that she really wanted.

Can I think it over? Her voice came out unsure. She hoped it sounded stronger to him.

Of course. Just call for me when you need me. Ill come whenever you need me. And with that he faded away to nothing, not flashing but rather dissolving into bubbles.

Perci closed her eyes again and sighed deeply. She was so preoccupied with her thoughts that she didnt hear someone enter the pool room. At least not until they broke the water to grab her. She hit them away after breaking the surface, pushing the water around her to get a distance from the intruder.

How- you- what were you doing so long under the water? Perci couldnt remember exactly, but this appeared to be the dude with the bow. Natashas friend.

I was fine, at least before you came along you cloven-hoofed oaf. Bow-man spluttered, but followed her out of the pool still utterly confused. What did you have to disturb me for?

Dinner? He phrased it more like a question, but Perci understood what he meant.

Lead the way.

—————— (some line appreciation)

I may have to warn you, more people turned up because they were curious about you.

Perci shrugged. She was used to a lot of people, especially at meal times. However, she honestly thought there would be more of them. This was the group that saved the world? There were barely (if not less than) 30 of them, and they looked so average.

Of course there was the group she first met, then there were a small group of 6 which included some- were they aliens? Dam thats actually kind of cool.

There were two dudes in robes, and respected their fashion choices. She spent most of her time dressed in a bright orange shirt, I dont think she has the right to judge. There was a masked person sitting on the ceiling cross-legged casually. Fair enough, seems comfortable. The figure seemed to be chatting with another masked person who was sitting on a bookcase in crocs. Not the strangest thing, but definitely weird.

A young woman was standing by a red man. Well, not fully red, but mostly red. Thats basic, blue is definitely the better colour scheme.

What surprised her most was the three children who ran out to tackle the bow-dude. He seemed to take it in good spirits, pretending to fall over in pain as they giggled. Another young girl ran over followed by a man and woman, and she started playing with the other kids.

Perci watched the kids weaving through the small group of adults, a smile flitting on her lips. Things have become so complicated lately. And Perci knew there was no chance it was getting simpler any time soon. But the laughs of the kids thrust her into long gone memories of her childhood and her time at camp.

Who are you? A high pitched voice snapped Perci out, and she looked around for the voice. Feeling tapping on her thigh, she quickly turned and stepped back. It was one of the children from earlier, the three other kids behind him. My name is Cooper and Im 9.

People had begun to notice shed arrived and had grown silent, waiting to see her reaction to the young boy. Bow-man made his way back to the kids, almost standing defensively behind them. Perci smiled softly, and knelt down to look him in the eyes.

Hi Cooper, Im Perci. Its nice to meet you. Cooper grinned back at her, his expression reminding her of Harley from camp.

My Dad went to go and get you, but now hes wet and youre not. His face was screwed up in a questioning expression. Did you push him in the pool? Me and Lila did that once, but it was really hard because hes heavy. Perci smirked, this kid reminded her of herself.

I, unfortunately, did not push your dad in the pool, but it is partially my fault he is wet. She looked past Cooper to the man, and lifted her hand a little towards him, Cooper turning to follow her gaze. The water peeled off the man, gathering into a fluctuating orb next to him. The kids laughed, and the adults watched at the simple display of power, the controlled movement of the water off their teammate. Perci split the water into two spheres, making one hover in front of Cooper, the second in front of the other kids.

As one of the girls reached out to touch it, it burst into mist, slightly wetting her but not noticeably. Coopers sphere moved above him and burst, to the sounds of the children's giggles and the adults quiet chuckles.

Perci stood up and let the kids run back to their parents to relay their excitement. Thor moved between the groups towards her, standing by her side.

You are good with them.

They remind me of camp.

Hopefully you can guess all the characters I referenced. Next chapter I will detail them a little more :)