Chapter 15

You looked up at her. “What thing? What are you talking about?” you said confused.

“Oh, you know, Rodrick is crushing on Heather for like 3 years now I think” she said focusing back on her plate, saying it like it was nothing.

You turned your head back around facing an embarrassed Rodrick. “Well, I didn’t know that, he hasn’t told me yet” you said with a confused look. “Well actually” he started explaining himself but Maddie cut him off.

“Oh my God you guys, I have the best idea ever and the both of you would benefit from that" she said but got interrupted by the bell ringing. “Shit. Okay I will tell you later then.”

You watched her giving Rodrick and you a hug and then leaving the table, making her way to class, leaving the both of you alone. You stood up as well, giving him a quick wave and saying goodbye as well. But as you turned to leave you felt him quickly grabbing your hand making you turn around.

“Hey, where do you think you’re going?” he said calmly, “I thought you’ll wait for me, so we can drive home together.”

“Uhm, well yes, that’s what I thought as well, but I just got this huge project due to Friday and I just think it’ll be better when I start now, you know.” you answered quickly.

“You’re lying.” he said looking at you.

“No, I’m not.”

“Okay, so what is it about then?” he asked with a smirk on his face.

“Dreams” you answered annoyed tearing your hand out of his grip. It wasn’t a lie. You really had to do that project and the fact that he actually liked Heather was just an addition to your longing to be alone right now.

You were quite pissed off that he liked her. Not because you liked him, but because you didn’t like her.

“Okay, well I’m sorry” he said looking down.

“Look Rodrick it’s fine” you said realizing that you were too harsh on him “How would you know, I didn’t tell you, right? I’ll see you tomorrow.” You gave him a soft smile and then turned around leaving school behind.

As you sat down in the bus on your way home a hundred thoughts filled your head.

Okay, so it wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be, but the Heather and Bryce things were so unnecessary. All I wanted was a calm start at school. Nothing else. I didn’t even ask for friends or anything. But now the whole school already knows me and I’ve got 2 people hating me. But did I have another choice? No. I did the right thing. Also, does Bryce actually hate me? Like I would hate it if someone would act like that towards me too. But I wouldn’t sexualize anyone. And Heather? Yeah, she does hate me for sure. What did I even do to make her so upset? And why does Rodrick like her? I don’t get it. Also, why do I even care.

You slightly shook your head to shake off all these thoughts. Seriously, you need to stop overthinking.