Chapter 2

"Stiles..."

It was honestly to early for this, Stiles thought as he struggled between waking and sleeping.

"Stiles!" Someone harshly whispered...wait he knew that voice.

The hum of a car engine registered in brain just before he was jostled awake when the vehicle ran over a pothole or something. He gasped as he tried to sit up, scrambling to find his footing and trying to figure out where the fuck he was. Once his eyes adjusted to the dimly lit area, he realized he was in the back of a van, it looked to be law enforcement issued.

"Stiles!"

His head whipped around, meeting a pair of crimson eyes glaring back at him, it was a glare he was all too familiar with.

"Derek?" He questioned just to be sure, his mind still felt a little fuzzy. Without giving the older man a chance to answer, Stiles made his way towards the werewolf. It was only now the he could see the man was heavily chained to the wall of the vehicle, shackles keeping his hands at either side of his head, his feet were also bound-though spread apart, and there was a rather huge one wrapped around his neck, limiting his movements greatly. His shirt was ripped in various places and cover in blood, his jeans weren't fairing any better.

"Hunters, again? Seriously?" The teen hissed as he ran his hands over the restraints, the memories of their capture coming back to him.

"Stiles, focus. When we stop-wherever we stop, you need to get out and run as fast and as far as you can, alright?" Derek said, he had on his no-bullshit face.

Stiles frowned at him. "You honestly think I'm going to leave you behind? With hunters I might add, are you insane?!" He hissed out the last part out.

"Yes, and you will, I don't know these hunters, or how they operate, they grabbed you because you were with me when they showed up, the first chance you get you need to run." His eyes were still burning alpha red.

"And since when do I ever listen to you? No, we're both getting out of this, like we always do." Stiles said, he momentarily lost his footing when the van ran over something else.

Derek moved to try and steady him, growling in frustration when he couldn't even reach out to him. "Stiles, this isn't game-"

"It's never game, Derek, it's never been a game to me, I'm not leaving you behind and that's final." The teen cut in, the wolf saw the determination in his eye and wondered when the human had gained such a fire inside him.

The van came to a stop completely, and this time Stiles went crashing to the floor, hard. Derek tuned out the teen cursing in favor of listening to the hunters outside. They were excited, saying something about how this was going to be the best trip they've ever had.

Derek frowned at the new information, this couldn't be good.

"What'd you hear?" Stiles asked, he was standing now with an irritated look on his face.

"Nothing that can be good." He responded.

The back doors of the van flew open, blinding them both with sunlight. Just as Stiles' eyes began to adjust, he felt rough hands wrap around his arms, pulling him towards the exit. He automatically clung to Derek, desperately trying to keep them from being separated.

"Derek!" Stiles cried, when they finally managed to pull him off the wolf.

"Stiles!" He growled out as he thrashed against his restraints in a feeble attempt to get free.

The human continued to struggle against his captor as they all but dragged him out of the van, tossing him unceremoniously to the ground once they reached the end. He quickly scrambled to get his to his knees, only to freeze when he felt the unmistakable barrel of a gun press to his temple.

"Stop that, right now or your little human will pay the price." The man said, while he pushed the barrel of the gun more firmly against Stiles' head, his voice was deep and rough-like he gargled rocks every day, but it also had the calm type of arrogance about it, he had an accent that suggested he was from the south.

The growling ceased; Stiles hadn't registered it till it had abruptly stopped. Stiles heard the chains rattling, and a bit of scuffling before Derek landed on his knees to Stiles' right. His wrists were now bound behind him, he figured his feet where bound in some way too, else they wouldn't have let him just sit there like that.

"Now, I want you two to listen carefully. This isn't something to hard for you grasp, all you have to do is run, plain and simple right? You run, we give you about a thirty-minute head start, before we come after you." Stiles chanced looking around, he saw the edge of a forest about twenty yards ahead, and they were surrounded by thirty to forty some-odd hunters, armed with various weapons. "Now I wouldn't try anything, we took everything you had from you, and there isn't any civilization around for miles-not that you would need any, would you, mongrel?" That last part was directed at Derek.

Stiles really couldn't believe what he was hearing, it was like they were in some twisted version of a fox hunt...or was it hunger games, or maze runner? It was right there on the tip of his tongue.

"Don't try anything sneaky, or we'll gun down your little pet before you even get the chance to reach any of us." The man said as he stepped back from them.

Stiles heard the distinct sound of cuffs being unlocked, from the corner of his eye, he could just make out someone standing behind Derek, unlocking his wrists. The alpha made no attempt to move once he was free, Stiles noticed that his eyes were still flaring red.

"Now, let's not waste any more time." The man said, Stiles decided to dub him, President Snow.

The hunters that circled them parted, leaving an opening straight to the forest.

Stiles' heart began to pound, the muscles in his legs tensing as he prepared to run, he could feel a shift in Derek too. He was freaking out internally, there was no way this was happening, no way in hell!

Stiles' heard the audible click of a gun being cocked, the hairs on the back of his neck stood on end.

There was no way this was happening.

A crack shot rang in his ear.