4

The air was filled with the faint scent of spring as i made my way home. I was planning on lying in bed for the rest of the day, seeing as i had nothing better to do.

Cars sped down the street i was walking along, interfering with the music that was blasting into my ears.

A car cruised past me with the windows down, spreading the sound of The Neighbourhood into the air. The split second the car was by my side, i swear i could see blonde hair flopping around in the driver's seat.

I shook it off, realising i was approaching the road i lived down. Hurrying towards my house, i began fumbling with my keys, trying to escape from the breeze which was tickling my skin.

As soon as i got inside, i made my way towards my room, throwing my bag carelessly into the floor with a thud and collapsing into my bed.

'I should nap.' I thought, feeling the sudden urge to yawn take over my body.

Staring up at the ceiling, i slowly closed my eyes, waiting for the desire to sleep to overcome me; Although it never came.

I had too many thoughts, making it impossible for me to completely relax even though i was quite tired. Memories of what Armin had said earlier flooded into my brain, reminding me of our short conversation.

"It's like 10 minutes away from here." I remembered him saying, talking about the beach which was apparently around here.

All traces of tiredness had now vanished, allowing my curiosity to get the better of me as i clambered out of bed.

I pulled up maps on my phone, and began dragging my finger across the screen, suddenly spotting an area which surely enough, was the ocean.

...

30 minutes later, i was stood in a concrete parking lot, looking out at the calm waves leading out to the horizon.

This place seemed pretty empty; There were only a few cars parked, and a couple of distant silhouettes walking across the sand.

I jumped the small distance leading to the area of sand below, and began walking until i had reached an area a short distance away from the water, where i sat down.

A figure was visible way out at sea, seemingly sat on a surfboard as they waited for the waves to gather.

A decent sized wave soon appeared, and i watched contently as they paddled towards it, proceeding to ride over it with ease.

Whoever it was began moving my way, heading towards the shallower area of water.

I let out a small gasp as i realised who it was; Armin was stumbling out of the water, holding a surf board under his right arm.

He set it down in the sand and reached for a bottle of water, seemingly not noticing my presence.

I had to admit Armin looked so fucking hot. His wetsuit was clinging to his body, defining his muscles. His hair was also soaking wet, and i watched as he pushed it back, tilting his head back to drink.

I never really imagined him to be a surfer, there was obviously a lot more to this boy than what met the eye.

"So this is what you meant by practising." I said, beginning to walk over to him.