rescue

After a long day of university and my last day I thought I could go for a quick swim and check for any injured animals.

after I got there, a huge croud was forming so I thought I would check it out, a baby turtle with plastic all around it with wires attached, some man looking to be in his old 30's tried cutting everything off but injuring the turtle more.

Y/N- stop let me do this you are no professional please let me handle this

Old man- I'm a veterinarian.. you twat

Y/N- for what PETS home PETs. not wildlife. I am so just let me do my job.

the man steps back letting me take over, I take a look at the turtle and it needs urgent care, a the man has also damaged it.

I manage to get the turtle in my car, and drove to the nearest wildlife vet which is Australia zoo. So i give them a quick call

"Australia zoo wild life services how can i help"

Y/N- "Hi I'm Y/N Maximoff, I found a Turtle on the beach with multiple wires  wrapped around as well as plastic, and a man stabbing the turtle the same time is it okay if i brought him in"

Zoo- Yes that is more than okay we will have everything set up as soon as your here how long do u think you will be"

Y/N- " The least of 7 minute's"

Zoo- "okay thank you see you soon"

as i arrive to the hospital A lot of people come out to my car as I grab the turtle, a pair of hands on top of mine helping me with the turtle as well as a lot of cameras.

as we set the turtle down I turn to see who the gentle man was who helped me. i never thought i would see the face but it was Robert Irwin..

Y/N- oh my gosh the Irwin family-

Robert had a giggle before speaking up

Robert- thank you for bringing the turtle in. it means alot

Y/N- my pleasure. as studying to be a wildlife zoologist thought I could do my part.

Robert gave me a sweet smile before someone started panicking and hurt the turtle more for not knowing where to cut.

i look over at the turtle noticing the end wires that aren't so hard to detangle and will be less of a harm to the animal

Y/N- hey hey can I help I know what to do

as they we're hesitant someone spoke up

Robert- yes you may do as much help as u can

as I untie the wires, help clean up the wounds, do x-rays and blood samples  was proud of myself. I'm finally starting to do my job.

Robert and I kind of became close in the process we know a lot about each other and its crazy i get to be eye to eye with him.

Y/N- "hey thank you for today i should head home now"

Robert- "wait I was talking to the team, we thought that since you have such a talent with animals and stuff we thought u could join the team, u kind of can't say no I already got you a uniform made.."

he says pulling the uniform from behind his back.

Y/N- "omg yes of course."

Robert- "okay good u start tomorrow"

Y/N- "perfect"

you smile and walk out of the doors you have never been so happy.