chapter twenty-eight - first step

~chapter twenty-eight - first step~

i found myself lying awake at six am the following monday. it took ten minutes of staring at the ceiling for me to realise that summer vacation had already begun. after visiting recovery girl, the past few days had been a blur. i guess i was still trying to accept the outcome of the shit ass practical exam.

"OH SHIT" i gasped, and rushed to check my phone that had not been touched for decades. rip to my social life.

2511 notifications. sixty percent were from my part-time mother, uraraka ochaco. the rest were private messages from my classmates and teachers who wanted to check up on me. even koda-kun who i barely talk to messaged "are you okay"

katsuki sent only two messages. the first was after the exam, " the fuck you did all that for?" the second was last night - "you dead or sumn"

deku spammed me with apologies, for something about "influencing me badly". not wanting to reply to every single person, i decided to address the class as a whole.

aizawa-sensei's adopted kids

:(y/n)
i lived bitch. did yall enjoy the movie?

ochaco:
where tf have you been?!?!

broccoli:
no >;(

katsuki:
plot was ass

shoto:
i didn't like the ending...

:(y/n)
damn, could've lied about it

pikachu:
(Y/N)!!! I MISSED YOU

kiri eiji:
are you okay bro? we were all worried bout u.

:(y/n)
i'm alright. thanks for checking up on me <3

pikachu:
i failed too!! we will get through the supplementary classes together hehe~

:(y/n)
yea that was not reassuring at all

pikachu:
):

momo:
(y/n)! i don't know if you backread but we are having a class outing this wednesday.

alien queen:
OH YES YOU SHOULD COME (Y/N)!! WE'RE GOING TO THE BEACH!!

//now that i think about it, i've never been to the beach since i time travelled. i mean, my guardian is aizawa shouta.

jirou:
it's the school beach tho.

tenya-kun:
that being said we still have to be on our best behaviour, everyone!

//a class outing huh. this would be a great opportunity to interrogate and find out who's the traitor right? i really hate to think that the traitor could be my classmate... but it's better to be safe than sorry.

:(y/n)
alright!! ill see you losers there (:

katsuki:
ha? who you calling a loser

                                    read by all -7:11am-

finally back to reality, i let out a heavy sigh, as if relieved of the past. there really is no point dwelling on it. i failed. i can't change that. the future is still... uncertain (or at least i hope it is). i did a few stretches to start the day and opened my room door with a little too much force. the determination was showing. 

this is it. the first step forward. quite literally, i was taking the first step out of my room. but it was symbolic, at least to me. the exam? we don't talk about that. that shit was a trial run. the future will change, starting today.

normal life at home resumed quickly, it is a house of heroes after all. i showered, ate, and made some moon sandwiches for hitoshi and shouchan as training snacks. obviously, i wasn't allowed to train until i've fully recovered.

i needed the free time anyway. i pulled out my planner and wrote down the two events that have been confirmed for the summer vacation. on wednesday, i wrote in caps, BEACH. in tiny, i wrote "aka class interrogation". 25 days after, i wrote the second event that lasts for ten days (supposedly). the training camp. on the second day of the training camp, i coloured the entire box red.

twenty-five empty days...

twenty-five days of... training? crying? convincing the bakugou family that a terrible villain named the broccoli man is trying to kill them and that they should pack their bags and migrate to planet mars? at a loss for ideas, i decided to call my long lost best friend. or at least, that's what he claimed he is.

"hey takami keigo?! you busy right now?"

all the effort recovery-girl put to heal my ears almost went to waste when this bitch answered the call mid-flight. harsh winds screamed in my ear as if it was trying to kill me through the phone. that's not even the worst part-

the bird shouted, even louder than the winds, "(Y/N)?!!!! NO I'M NOT BUSY AT ALL! WHAT DO YOU NEED BESTIE?".

i yelled back telling him to stop fucking flying for a second. ever since the big time travel reveal, we've been conversing a lot. maybe it's the takami blood but it took no time for us to be close. almost as if we've been friends for a century (or to be precise a hundred and sixty-five years). i told him about the free 25 days before the camp, and that i don't know what to do.

"what's wrong with the usual training with eraserhead? oh, could it be that you're bored of him?" his tone rose and i just knew he was smirking at the other end of the line.

"that's not it. i just... he's more of muscles and power kind of person. something you lack entirely. teleportation means i can be extremely fast, even faster than you.  you boast your trademark speed, your feathers can be as sharp as knives... you can teach me how to properly use the kunai, utilize my speed, as well as aerial combat. so train me, please." 

a small proud chuckle left hawks lips, "and to think you were the one who chose to intern with eraserhead over me. you better be ready."

~~

a night in the aizawa household.

"hitoshi-kun, my class is going to the beach on wednesday wanna come? you've already met them anyway"

"it's fine. i'll continue training with dad" the purple-haired casually replied.

(y/n):
shouta:

(y/n): HITOSHI YOU BASTARD!! EVEN I HAVE NOT CALLED HIM THAT.

nervous and sweating, sleepyhead replied "wh.. uh.. i.. it just slipped out.."

hizashi: you guys are so weird, i call shouta daddy all the time~

———

*hasnt updated in 5 months* *drops a crack af chapter* *leaves* lil note on the next page tho ♥️