Chapter 11 - Climax

A/N: Trigger Warning Death is Mentioned

Riley woke up and groaned before she looked at her phone. It was almost eleven, she hadn't slept like that since Isabella was a toddler. She jumped out of bed when she didn't see her in bed. Riley ran into the kitchen and saw Isabella sitting at the table coloring with Zay.

"Morning mommy" Isabella greeted.

Zay looked as bad as she felt, he gave her a struggling smile. Riley's nerves calmed down and she sat next to Zay covering her face with her hands.

"What's wrong?" Isabella asked as she picked up a blue crayon.

"Mommy and Uncle Zay had adult juice and it's hurting our tummy," Riley said as she stifled a yawn.

"Eww," Isabella said.

"Princess, can you give mommy and me a minute?" Zay asked.

"I can't tell time," Isabella complained.

"Why don't you go play on my phone,"

Before Riley could finish Isabella ran off in search of her phone. The two chuckled and Riley turned to Zay.

"Hi," Riley groaned.

"I had sex with someone last night," Zay confessed.

Riley's smile fell and she sat up. Her head was swirling still from the drinks from last night. She didn't hear him correctly. He did not say that she definitely heard him say something else, anything else.

"I was so angry, I was so angry at what Lucas said, I was so angry watching him compliment you, I was so angry that you liked it," Zay whispered and reached for her hand.

Riley moved her hand from the table and into her lap. They weren't together, he could be with whoever he wanted. She had no right to be upset! Right?

"I'm late seeing Josh, my mom will be home by noon, she can take Izzy off your hands" Riley mumbled getting up from the table.

Zay grabbed her hands and looked at her with pleading eyes.

"I'm sorry," Zay said.

"Don't be, we're not together," Riley said and pulled away from him.

As soon as she closed her bedroom door, she began to cry softly and hated herself for it. They weren't together, she had to remind herself. Instead, she reminded herself she almost kissed Lucas herself. She couldn't be hurt, she couldn't, so why couldn't she breathe?

Pulling herself together, she managed to slip into a pair of jeans and a form-fitting t-shirt. As she slipped on her sneakers, she decided it would be easier to just go out the window. Less time to deal with all of her emotions and just make a quick escape. It was as if she was on autopilot and wound up at the hospital with no recollection. As she walked towards his room, she could hear Josh's chuckles mixed with coughs and then his voice.

"I can't believe she still has a hold over me"

"You're really surprised?"

"I'm with Alli"

"Doesn't erase your feelings for Riley, which are what?"

Josh groaned and Riley closed her eyes in sadness. Riley leaned against the wall and listened to their conversation. It was wrong but she had to know herself. Was it all in her head? Or did they have moments last night?

"Anger"

"Luke man,"

"What?"

"I'm on my deathbed, confess,"