Chapter-1

" Melissaaaa!!!!" Her mother yelled from the kitchen, " how many times do I have to call you before you finally wake up? Don't you have your audition thingys?" She added.

Melissa is already up. She is nervous and having cold feet. Her heart is beating like an Eminem rap. Acting has always intrigued her. Though she is just 16, she has already worked in a few Disney movies but today is going to be her big-break .

Her mother thinks she is going for an audition but she is not. She has already signed the contract for a series she is going to work in it.

" I'm up!!!" She yells back to her mother and runs for a shower.

Life hasn't been kind to Melissa. Her junkie alcoholic parents never paid much heed to her needs and necessities. Nor do they know much about what's going on in her life cause they happen to be too consumed in their own world.
She gets bullied in school and is called by names like nerds, geeks and has no one to share her pain with. The world is nothing but a suffocation to her. ...MELISSA IS  LONELY.

She is an eighteen year old blonde girl with very fair skin and bright blue eyes enough to make a boy go all awww. But her conservative ,introverted and mysterious nature , never made her connect to people , let alone falling in love.

Due to her crisp facial features she got an offer at acting, when she had just turned fifteen. With nothing good going in her life she decided to give it a shot and managed to impress everybody with her acting. She is a girl who likes to be consumed in books. Movies, web-series, and every other thing a normal teenage girl does is not her cup of tea . So she was utterly amused to discover a new hobby that too in the acting field.

She remembers the first time she acted on the stage, unlike others her parents were not there to support her and see her act. She was upset and angry on her parents and the frustations made her acting came out even more realistically. That was the first time people applauded her. She felt proud.

Since then, there has been no looking back for Melissa. She has always been a good kid at school, good at academics, favourite of all teachers but her parents never happened to care. After her first public performance she knew ,just like her parents she won't care about them either. She will keep on acting as long as it gives her happiness.

She came out of the shower with the robe wrapped around her and got dressed in a red tank top with black jeans and a black leather jacket. She stood in front of the mirror , looking at her reflection she smiled to herself. She finally has something in her life she cherishes.

After combing her blonde straight here she packed her backpack and got ready to leave. While going down the stairs she smelled that gross smell again. She has gotten used to these smells now. Her father is a junkie and like everyday he was sleeping on the couch of his room , all stoned. Looking at him Melisaa sighed and went to the kitchen .Her mother was in the kitchen making pancakes. ''You want some?'' she asked non-chalantly without looking at her.''No! I'm good'' Melissa replied back. She was very hungry she doesn't know what got to her, that she said that and left the house without saying a goodbye.

She doesn't like the way she want to behave with her parents but they deserve it. Neither does she thinks that her parents care about her goodbyes nor do they. Hers was not a family, it was just three people living under a roof. No bond, nothing. Melisaa can't even remember the last time she spoke properly to them.