S i x

She didnt talk on the way back to the facility and neither did the heartless robot. And a part of her wondered, if Pietro and Wanda had been given a similar trial but she couldnt bare it if they had, so perhaps it was better not knowing.  

She felt like she was drowning, and she needed to get away. Away from the metal, away from Ultron. And away from the idea that her siblings could murder someone. 

"Oi, Robot. Tell Ultron Ill be back later, Ive got to go somewhere." She calls out to get the attention of the silver shell. She didnt wait for a reply, instead just changing the direction she was riding the magnetic field. She needed to clear her head, whether that be just flying with her powers or back at the apartment she didnt know. But either of them sounded better than anything that could be waiting for her at the facility. 

¤ ¤ ◇ ¤ ¤

She flew for a bit, oh how she loved stretching her powers out, it was as if she had wings, she's been hiding behind her shirt. The feeling of it just out, doing whatever she felt like. It felt like freedom. 

After her flight, she did go back to the apartment and just . . . flopped on her favourite leather couch. And she wondered, about Ultron, if they should trust him. Because trustworthy people are too far and few in-between. She brought her legs up to her chest as her mind started to take her to other places. Like the prison, with Strucker.  

Why? Why couldnt she kill him? Her mind was hurting. This . . . light she felt. What was that? Cause she sure as hell hasnt felt it before.  

Well, maybe she has, once, with Marcos. It was something she hadnt felt in a very, very long time. 

"Did I do the right thing? Should I have killed him?" She asks out loud knowing no one will answer. 

"You did the right thing Greenie, no matter what happens or what someone does, killing them wont make anything easier." Her head shoots up in alarm as she sees a boy, around fourteen sitting on the coffee table three feet in front of her. Her eyes fill with fear before realising who it was. He was this age when she first met him. It was like a kick to the gut. 

"Great, now Im hallucinating." She replies sarcastically which earns a small chuckle from the boy. A boy who's dead.
"Of course, Im a hallucination but why should that matter?"

"Pfft, I dont know. Maybe it means Ive finally gone over the edge and Im full on bonkers. I mean, young Marcos, really. Thats what my mind makes up?"

"You wondered what the light was. Its me, Lorna. That light is your conscious. You did the right thing not killing Strucker. Cause thats what I wouldve done. Even if Im gone Lorna, Ill always be with you."

She cries at that. Soul wracking, earth shattering sobs. "I. . . I miss you. They should have taken me instead!" She cries out, her arms wrapping around her middle as she struggles to breathe. The metal around her starts to bend and break as her sobs get harder. She is blinded by her tears; she couldnt see younger Marcos anymore. She knew he wasnt real. She did. It doesnt make seeing him any easier even if it was all in her head.  

But at least she got clarity about the light. Her sobs ease up at the thought. That even in death, Marcos was always with her, guiding her, making her a better person. And in that moment, she knew, to always follow that light. That it will lead her true. Just as if Marcos was with her. 

¤ ¤ ◇ ¤ ¤

"Where have you been?" Cries out Wanda as she storms towards the green haired girl. "I thought Ultron would have told you? Sorry, I went out for a fly then spent some time at the apartment. I just needed to get away." Lorna says which doesnt seem to lessen any of Wanda's anger. 

"You were away for seven hours! What could possibly have been doing? Didn't you think about how worried we would be?" Wanda shouts. 

"Hey, hey, hey Wanda calm down! Shes back okay, cool it." Pietro snips as he gives his sister a hug. He could tell by the puffiness in her cheeks what shes been doing for the last seven hours. "Why dont you get some rest okay? I'll calm Wanda down." He gives her a kiss on the head and sends her on her way as she glares at Wanda. 

"Ya know, for someone who can see into minds, you cant seem to read our sister very well." He says with his hands on his hips as Wanda's eyes flash red. "I'm worried about her! Aren't you?"

"Of course, I am Wanda, but couldn't you tell shes been crying. She doesnt need anything else added onto it. God knows what her and Ultron were up to beforehand."

"You don't trust him." It wasn't a question. He knew that. And how could he trust him? His sister disappears and comes back hours afterwards looking as if shes been crying the whole time. 

"You really need me to answer that? Come on Wanda. Just say sorry to her when you go to bed okay. Weve got a big day tomorrow."

And with that Pietro speeds off to the beds, leaving Wanda to rethink her actions. She groans as she stalks into her room, seeing Lorna curled up in a fetal position, cheeks puffy and wet, but from the soft sounds shes making Wanda knows shes asleep. Probably fell asleep as soon as her head hit the pillow. Wanda sits on the edge of her bed, stroking her hand along her green hair as she hums an old Sokovian lullaby her mother used to sing to them.  

"I'm sorry Lorna." She whispers into her mind, and by the slight smile that graces her lips while she sleeps, Wanda knows she got the message.  

She too needed rest, cause like Pietro said.

They have a big day tomorrow.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Thank you to everyone who reads this book and comments and votes!

Shout out to your comments always make me smile xx.

Peace out homies xx