You Are My Everything

The sea air swept Ororo's hair back as she stood on the beach on Krakoa, waiting. In the far distance she could see the craft, the Quinjet carrying her ex-husband coasted gently down, landing only a few feet away.

Despite the confidence Storm usually exuded, her heart fluttered as the door of the craft opened. Despite the pain of their annulment, Ororo still loved T'Challa. As he appeared at the door and descended the steps, she willed her heart to slow down. He was in full costume, while she wore a pink linen dress.

The Black Panther was here to reclaim the Skybreaker, a powerful sword Storm had needed to save not only the island nation of Krakoa, but also the world. Eons ago, it had helped forge the nation of Wakanda. Acquiring it had dampened relations between the two nations. It had also chilled the relationship that Ororo and T'Challa were trying to repair.

"I'm here for Skybreaker," T'Challa said, pointing to the blade in her hand.

"Hello to you too," Storm said.

"I guess I owe you thanks that the world lives to see another day."

"I did what I had to do," Storm said, moving to hand the sword over.

"The ends always justify the means with you," T'Challa said pointedly.

Storm's eyes flared, pulling the blade away. "You know I had no choice. It's rich coming from you, considering the underhanded way you ended our marriage. I do not remember you discussing that with me."

T'Challa's eyes narrowed. Sighing, he removed his Black Panther mask. Storm's heart sped up again. Despite the pain memories of the past brought up, Storm wanted nothing more than to touch his face. Feel his smooth skin. Kiss him.

"My past actions regarding our marriage are regrettable. I'd move heaven and earth to go back and fix it. To show my people that the actions of Namor were not your fault."

Storm's face softened, having wanted to hear those words for so long. But her resolve was stronger than steel. "You broke my heart. Again. Just like when we first met. I will not go through that again."

"I can feel your heartbeat from here. I know you still carry a torch for me. I know you want to kiss me." T'Challa moved closer, cupping her cheek. "You will always be my Goddess. Nothing will ever change that."

"I have loved you since I was twelve years old. And then you left. And it nearly destroyed me. And then all those years later, when you proposed marriage, my heart nearly burst. But yet my heart was broken again. How do I know this is any different?"

"You are my everything. The air I breathe. The sun that shines on my face. The rain that brings a season of growth. The thunder in my heart. To be without you is to live a life unfulfilled. To be without you is to be missing a piece of my soul. Ororo Iqadi T'Challa I need you in my life as without you I have no life."

Tears appeared at the corner of Ororo's eyes. Memories of her first meeting T'Challa, their wedding day, them discussing having children passed through her mind, triggered by T'Challa's use of Storm's married name. "My beloved, my love for you is unparalleled. The day I became your wife was the day my destiny was fulfilled. My heart was made for you."

T'Challa smiled. He rubbed a tear off Ororo's cheek. She smiled, nuzzling his hand. "Can I have that kiss, now?"

T'Challa leaned forward, his lips inches from hers. "From now, until the end of time."