Part 2: UA

The sun was still new in the sky. Soft hues of orange and pink washed over the ship, making it look from a fairy tale. Kirishima leaned over the railing, looking far, far below at the icy blue called The Ocean. It rolled in waves, much like up there rolled with clouds. "Up There" where Kirishima called home. 

     A giant AirShip names UA. (It stood for upward Arrival, however, no one knew where they were supposed to arrive) It was about the length of New York, staying afloat by many whirling contraptions and machines. It has 2 levels, making it larger than any land city. 

     The upper level is where Kirishima lived. Right with the open air, home wedged beside someone else's in a weird pattern that created the city. Buildings stacked instead of stretched, leaving small towers of wonky shaped homes rather than neat little houses. 

     The lower level, however, is where things got interesting. That's where the rough workers went. Engineers, Mechanics, those who didn't mind getting more than their hands dirty. Kirishima never went down there. He only knew stories of the lower level. The ground down there wasn't usable, completely rounded rather than flat. Which meant everything was floating. Houses and shops on handmade wedges and cliff sides, bridges connected to the ceiling by wires. Much more dangerous than he preferred.

     "Hoo! Kirishima!" 

He turned at the sound of his name, having to glance up to see who had called to him. A two-toned boy stood high above, swinging down from the ropes once he had caught the other's attention. 

     "Ah! Todoroki, Good morning!"

Shoto Todoroki was a rather popular face around the upper level. He was an air-smith, spending his days jumping from system to system to keep the ship afloat. He was also the son of Enji Todoroki, the next in line to be captain of UA. But, most people didn't care about that, and Kirishima could see why. Todoroki had a very well known Pretty Boy title attached to him. One glance and you could easily forget who his father was. 

     "Out running errands again I see,"

Kirishima smiled shyly, adjusting the bag on his shoulder.

     "Yes sir I— Oh wait!" The red head suddenly perked up, digging through his bag and pulling out two identical boxes. "I have your and Uraraka's watch orders, do you think you could hand her's over when you see her next shift?" Todoroki took the boxes with gentle fingers, quickly fixing his watch to his vest. 

     "Of course I can, I'm sure she'll be delighted to have received it,"

Kirishima grinned, checking both of them off his list before cramming his bag shut again. 

     "Thank you kindly Shoto," Kirishima hummed, face bright as he shoved his hands deep into his pockets. 

     "It's truly no problem, you're just enough as it is," Todoroki smiled softly, looking as if he was hesitating. "Actually, could you do a favour for me as well?" Kirishima perked up, happy and willing to help his friend. Todoroki sensed the excitement and just chuckled, reaching into his pocket and pulling out a tiny little box. "I was meant to give this to Midoriya a few nights ago but I got busy. Would you mind delivering it?" Kirishima took the box with gentle hands, siding it into the safety of his bag. 

       "Of course I wouldn't mind. I pass him on my route anyways so it won't be a bother. Plus it's the least I can do for you since you help me so often,"

     Todoroki's eyes softened and Kirishima grinned. The red head checked his watch, face falling for just a moment.

     "Ah, pardon me Todoroki. I hate to be rude, but I must finish my errands by night fall. Good day!" Kirishima waved as he began to run off, smiling when the taller bid him goodbye. Kirishima gripped at his bag, racing towards his new task.

AN: Hey there, so, you may be noticing that this fanfic is kinda lacking uh, Bakugou. I promise we'll get to him soon!This is a Kiribaku fanfic after all, I'm just a sucker for lore and story building and all these scenes and introductions will come in handy later, I swear. I would also like to mention a few things. In my story Bakugou is Hard of Hearing, he does have to wear hearing aids and yes, he does remove them when Midoriya is talking. Also Denki is genderfluid, even though it isn't mentioned much, it is thrown in there. I'm sorry if there is issues with that but they're both headcanons I really enjoy. So again, sorry for the lack of Bakugou, he will be popping up soon. Also I apologise for the short chapters, they will be getting longer :)

Have a wonderful day!

~Red