Chapter 10: Life

I woke up by the sound of pebbles being thrown at my window. I had thought it was just the local neighborhood punks who always liked to start shit but I would soon realized it was Angel. As I walked down the dark hallway to the front door, I noticed that my father wasn't gonna be here for a while. How did I know this? Well he had left a note in his awful handwriting telling me so that was attached to the door with tape.
I quickly tore off the note and crumbled it before opening the door to let Angel come in.

"I feel like shit." Would be Angel's first words and I couldn't help but laugh at this crazy bastard.
"No shit, you crazy bloody bastard. I could've killed you." I shook my head at his semi-smiling face that probably hurt.
"But you didn't so,....that's what counts right?" He gave me a quick hug. "So what we finna do today?"
I grabbed my leather jacket off the couch and put it on before lighting a cigarette and taking a quick drag before exhaling the smoke out in his face. I smirked at him coughing before saying, "Come on, let's go be psychos together." We giggled as we walked outside into the unknown.
We didn't know where to go but having each other's company was enough for us and I wouldn't have had it any other way. I was the fire and he held the matches to make me a warmer flame as he melted my stone cold heart made of ice. The unknown is both cruel and bitter but also sweet. Sweet in the relief sorrow brings after the storm. Both cruel and bitter that this world leaves us with. I would soon know that my rescue came before I even realized it. And so the sweetness began.

Sadly, sweetness never lasts forever. That's life for us humans.