A part of her gone?

Elijah POV:
Ella had fallen asleep; I had been able to successfully hide from her that her injury was reflected and that I had already healed better than with her. I didn't want her to blame herself, she couldn't do anything for her to get into my world, that she was my companion, and that the soul-eater for some reason had taken something from her that we didn't know what it was.

Since I was back near her, the wound healed quickly and now only a scar could be seen, it would also disappear within the next few hours.

But why my blood had little effect on Ella, I didn't know, I was ripped out of my thoughts when my phone was vibrating, it was Freya, and I knew she wouldn't call if it wasn't important.

I left the bedroom and took the call, "I think I know what soul-eater Ella took," she told me, and only the sound of her voice made me hear that it was probably not good for Ella. "I'm not 100 percent sure, but everything suggests that he took some of her earthly angel's nature away from her."

Freya's words echoed into my head, taking part of her angelic nature? Was that possible? "Because she is not from our world and her life tied to yours, she survived the attack, but it may be that she is no longer an earth angel," I heard Freya say as my gaze fell on the street, where a young couple walked hand in hand past the hotel.

"What consequences could this have?" I informed myself about the possible consequences, consequences that were not known to my sister, even though she had learned a lot from her time with Dahlia, so it had never happened before that someone survived the attack of a soul-eater.

"The only thing I know for sure is that she's still alive because she's connected, without that connection she would be dead," she told me, pressing my heart that I brought Ella back to New Orleans as soon as possible, it was safer when she was with my family.

When I thanked my sister and said goodbye, I heard a movement from the bedroom, steps that were on the way to the bathroom.

I waited until she was back in the bedroom and sat down on the bed before I approached her, Ella looked in my direction as I approached.

"What did Freya say?" she wanted to know from me, her voice was hoarse and sounded weaker than I wanted. "We can't say with certainty whether you're still an earthly angel, the soul-eater most likely took a part that you're still alive, it's actually a miracle," I told her, sitting down with her.

I'd love to take her in my arms, tell her it's going to be good, but I didn't. How could I tell her that everything would be fine if I didn't even know it myself, if I didn't even know if I had really developed feelings for her, and the bond that connected us didn't just fool me. In the six months I had been looking for a sign of life, I had repeatedly questioned my feelings for Ella, I was almost certain that I had fallen in love with her, but that the band was not responsible for this.

No matter what I felt for Ella, she wasn't ready to engage with anyone, I knew she wasn't ready for it, she didn't even want to get to know me on a friendly basis, let alone get to know her better.

"Is it a miracle if I can't die because my life is tied to yours?" Ella asked me, pulling me out of my thoughts. She didn't seem sad that she had lost part of her being when Freya was right.

Was it relief?

After a while she slipped under the duvet, only now I felt the fatigue that spread in my bones, on all the nights when I didn't know where she was, if she was doing well. Niklaus would say that I cared far too much about humans, but with her it was different, she was my companion after all.

Ella was my companion and now I only realized what exactly that meant. I had been aware that a person was connected to me, but it was only now that I realised how strong the connection was and why companions at that time, even before my time, had been considered special.