A feather of hope?

Elijah POV:

The next morning it was the rays of sunshine that woke me up, usually I was awake early, but this time not, my companion was lying next to me, in my sleep either I had moved closer to her, or she was close to me. She seemed peaceful and her heartbeat told methat she was still asleep deeply, the sun's rays framed her hair and made her appear golden.

A warm feeling spread at her sight in the chest area, the tingling that joined and spread in the lower abdomen became stronger.

Ella was a pretty young woman and even though the circumstances in which she had entered my life were not common place, I would do everything to ensure that nothing happened to her that she did not fall victim to my enemies.

Maybe Niklaus was right and I started to develop feelings for Ella, or it was just the bond that connected her life to mine and in other ways. No one could say in what way one was connected, it was different with each mate couple,but one thing had been emphasized again and again, the bond created a deep bond, but the bond could not feign any feelings.

If I developed feelings for Ella, it wasn't because of the bond that connected us.

Carefully I straightened up, I didn't want to wake her up, she needed her sleep. When I moved in, entered my room, the bed was empty andd Ella was gone. My hearing told me that she was in her room and was doing the shower.

Later, when I spent several hours gathering information about earth angels to find out why the witches were clearly afraid of Ella, the man in that person entered the library. The shower gel she had used spread a light vanilla scent that suited her, it wasn't too strong, rather the vague promise of the sweet vanilla.

"Klaus will you stop burying yourself in the books" her voice broke through the silence that had spread in the room, the tone in her voice, judging, she was not of the same opinion as my brother. "And why can't he tell me that himself?" I informed myself, and when I met her gaze, there was hardly any emotion to read.

"I prefer to be in one piece tonight," she told me, suggesting that Niklaus had made his usual threats. It was not yet clear to me whether he wanted to test Ella or if he intended something else.

"Something interesting?" she pointed the subject to the books that lay in front of me, most of them were written in ancient English, some were already so old that the writing fades, for Ella the language was probably too difficult to understand, even though I noticed that she had a particularly good sense of languages and for more old-fashioned expressions. "Nothing we don't already know, earth angels seem to be almost as feared as we are," I replied to her, standing up. "Earth angels are almost as feared as a great vampire?" "When an earthly angel has reached its full potential, they can bring back the dead, or wipe out entire cities, but I haven't found anything that speaks of an earthly angel with paranormal abilities or the gift of healing," I added, and Ella looked at me.

The news of what she could do as a born earthly angel scared her more than the fact of being near Niklaus and me. Even my presence didn't scare her that much.

"So if I lived long enough for it, could I kill entire cities or get people back from death?" she summed up what I had found from the book of information.

"It's a possibility," I answered her honestly, and didn't even need the connection to her to see that this revelation put even more pressure on her.

"And next I get wings and a halo," she muttered more to herself, even though she had slept better the last night, I could still see the tiredness, it hurt to see her suffering and not being able to help her.

"That would be nice, please, the stiff old-fashioned brother and his angel," Niklaus remarked, and had brought Camille with her, but before she could say something, Ella told him that he was absolutely not funny and if he called her my angel again, he would definitely regret it.