Chapter 4: Stay Strong

"Will?" Tubbo asked, still sounding shaky. He had a feeling he already knew why Wilbur was calling. 

"Tubbo..." Wilbur let out a deep sigh before continuing, "Tubbo something's happened I-"

"I know...I know" Tubbos voice breaks slightly between sobs, fresh tears pricking the corners of his eyes.                                                                  

There's a pause before Wilbur replies. "Are you going to be ok?" 

A pang of sadness crept up in him as he knew Wilbur was trying to be strong for him and be supportive. He appreciated Wilbur so much, he was always putting others before himself even when he was going through the same pain and would always manage to put on a smile or make things more positive. Tubbo really wanted to give him a hug right now. 

"I'm still pretty shocked and scared, it's just so hard for my head to process it. No matter how many times I hear it I can't accept it's true...but it is. I don't know what to do Wilbur." 

"It's going to be hard, and as much as we hate it we are powerless to do anything. But this is Tommy here, he's not going to give up that easily. The police have got promising leads, I'm sure he will be home safe soon." Wilbur's voice was soft and comforting, even though it hurt to know that all they could do was wait, Tubbo was grateful to hear it from Wilbur. It gave some kind of closure that was easier to accept, understanding that he wasn't the only one feeling guilt or frustration at being stuck at home instead of searching for him right now. 

"I bet he'll be yelling 'I'm gonna start stabbin shit' and threaten these kidnappers more than they did to him." Wilbur joked fondly, his voice raises in enthusiasm as he continues; "Plus he's the main character of the smp! He can't be missing out on important lore after I spent all that time on my precious script." Tubbo manages a light chuckle at that, feeling a little better. Yeah that's right, this was Tommy of course he was coming back. The police would find him...right? 

"He's such a great kid, he's helped me so much and really is a little brother to me...I'm scared too but we gotta be strong just like Tommy, yeah?" Wilbur's voice was suddenly much quieter, emotional. Tubbo nodded, he admired Wilbur for being so brave, and it helped him too. Although  the fear of what situation Tommy could be in would never truly fade, he wanted to have faith that things would be alright. So he was going to give Tommy his strength and believe in him. That's right, he wouldn't let himself give in, no matter how dire the situation looked or how many horrid thoughts crept into his mind, he would fight to push them out and hold onto that hope. He had to, for Tommy.

For a while they chatted about their own funny experiences with Tommy, including going through Will's quote book at all the ridiculous things Tommy had said. The heavy shadow that suffocated the room was slowly beginning to lift, ever so slightly. 

"Thank you, Wilbur" Tubbo said warmly. He takes a deep breath and rolls his head to the side, glancing at his reflection in his monitors. "Who else knows?" He asked, remembering his conversation with Fundy.

"I told Phil after I got the news... I was struggling to calm down so he helped me. I'm guessing you got told by Tommy's parents like me?"

"Yeah, after our meet up in Brighton they stayed in contact with my parents"

"Apart from Phil, Techno is the only other person I've told. I felt like it was right to tell him now."

"How was he?" Tubbo asked nervously, he couldn't really imagine how techno would take it, he had always been quite the reserved type with his emotions.

"He was...quiet. There was about a minute after I told him where he was silent and then he said he needed to be alone for a bit. He sounded so empty and despaired, it really hurt to hear him like that. He was so worried for Tommy. We need to tell the others, but I think it's best to do that tomorrow; I don't think any of us have the energy right now to break this to them."

Tubbo hummed in agreement "Yeah it's probably best if we organise to tell them all together" His thoughts then went to his fans, and apprehension swarmed up within him. Oh yeah, the fans, that was going to be even harder. He was very anxious to tell them, part of him didn't want to at all knowing how much they would panic. But either way, it would be made public eventually, and they couldn't hide the news from everyone. "We have to tell the fans too don't we?" 

"It's only a matter of time, lying to them is just going to cause more harm. Plus once it's out to the public it will help the news reach other creators who probably should know even if they aren't as close to Tommy. Although we may still delay making it public a bit longer" Wilbur sighed and ran a hand through his hair, this was going to be tough. "It's getting pretty late, you should try get some rest Tubbo and get your mind off things for a bit. If you ever need someone to talk to I'm always here for you okay? Phil too." 

"Yeah, you're right, I really should sleep and so should you! Please take care of yourself Will, and thank you for everything." They both said their farewells and Tubbo ended the call. 

The room was filled with an abrupt silence and Tubbo suddenly felt very alone, reflecting the emptiness he felt inside too. His eyes felt heavy and still hot as though new tears could return any moment. His head had a dull ache. That night, Tubbo was awake with his thoughts for a while, trying to come to terms with the reality of what had unfolded that day. Eventually, his exhaustion finally took over, and he let sleep briefly free him from the overwhelming thoughts.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's the end of this chapter, I was going to make this way longer, but I am so busy rn that I think I'm going to stick to shorter chapters I can hopefully get out more often, otherwise it would have been weeks until I got this one out. 

Also I've seen lots of people voting or adding this story to their lists so thank you so much! I'm glad you are interested in the story