Chapter 6

Narrators POV:

Saturday came faster than (Y/N) expected.
The time on her phone was 8:57 the last time she checked it.

She picked her pace up seeing how she's still two corners away.

Her heels rhythmically clicked against the cobblestones underneath her feet, wind blew past her ruffling her hair up like a father giving his child a peach.
The music oozing from her earphones speakers made the whole experience enjoyable.

As, she approached the small store she noticed a figure waiting outside.

Upon closer inspection she noticed the buff body build and the buzz cut.
“Sorry for being late” she panted out she reached him.
Deus looked in the direction the voice came from and noticed her hunched over breathless from.

Well...

Breathless was a word that by that point was a way to describe him too.

He felt his breath getting stuck in his lungs as he scanned her over.
The black lace dress hugged her curves in all the right places and the heels added a few centimeters to her height.

She was still short compared to him but her choice of footwear also seemed to help her posture.

He stopped ogling at her as he said "It's
alright”
After a few more seconds she finally caught her breath, and they began walking to the ice cream parlor.

The cool wind felt soothing in comparison to the suns burning heat.

“How's your hand?” Deus asked her trying to take a look at the injured limb.
“It's fine. Still hurts a bit, but that's all.
No need to worry” she said trying to ease his worries.
“You really should be more careful”
“I know. I know, sorry”.

As, the two arrived to the store they noticed the miles long queue.

The (h/c) inwardly gulped.
Even the possibility of those people staring at her or being near her caused her anxiety to rise.
She bit down on her lower lip to try to relieve some of it.

He glanced over at his companion and seen a blanket of fear covering over the gentle look residing in her (e/c) orbs.

“Are you okay?”
“I'm fine” the (h/c) tried to be convincing with her lie yet one single look at him showed that he wasn't buying it at all.

“Do you... hate being around people?” He asked hitting bullseye with his question. The girl nodded.
“ I just don't really like crowds, that's all...” she trailed off.

“Then.... Do you want to go somewhere else?”
“ No need. I'll be fine.”

After, hearing this he sent her a worried look.
Even her voice was trembling, it was so obvious that she's afraid.

“Really, it'll be ok. I'm fine with waiting.” She reassured him with a forced smile.

Deus reached out and grabbed her hand.
“Squeeze my hand if you can't take it anymore, alright?”
She quickly nodded before trying to swat away the miniature blush dusting her cheeks.

A few minutes later a buzz came from her pocket.

'Hm?' she hummed to herself fishing her phone out of the jacket tied around her waist.
'A new message?' she cocked a brow as she opened it.

𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝚄𝚗𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠𝚗:
𝙾𝚑 𝚖𝚢 𝙲𝚊𝚗𝚊𝚛𝚢, 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍𝚗'𝚝 𝚋𝚎 𝚜𝚞𝚌𝚑 𝚊 𝚋𝚊𝚍 𝚐𝚒𝚛𝚕.
𝙲𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚘𝚗 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚋𝚘𝚢𝚏𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚗𝚍 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜?
𝚃𝚜𝚔 𝚝𝚜𝚔 𝚝𝚜𝚔
𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚕𝚎𝚝 𝚐𝚘 𝚘𝚏 𝚑𝚒𝚖 𝚋𝚎𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚎 𝙸 𝚌𝚞𝚝 𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚊𝚛𝚖 𝚘𝚏𝚏.