Chapter 9

Tommy made his way back up the stairs to where Dream was waiting, but he still couldn't shake the feeling something was off. Maybe he should go back down to the beach and just wait things out there, but Tommy didn't feel like getting Dream down the stairs and back to their set up. It was hard enough to get him into the shopping cart. He opened his mouth to let Dream know he was back, but he stopped hearing a conversation on the other side.

"Are you absolutely sure I can't do anything to help?" Badboyhalo's worried voice shook quietly.

"Don't worry, Bad. I'm sure," Dream replied in an obviously fake cheery tone. "Tommy and I are alright."

"Not a water or something?"

"We'll be okay. Besides, Sapnap doesn't come around this area for another a week maybe. He only goes out once or twice a year. You need the supplies too."

Bad hesitated, "But what about Tommy? I worry about him too. He's with you now and you can barely see. How're you gonna-"

"Bad, I got it," Dream reiterated more to himself than Badboyhalo.

They both paused not believe the other or themselves.

"Once we find Wilbur and George, we'll come pick you up and head to America. If Sapnap hasn't found you already."

Tommy peeked through the gap between the door and the doorway to see Dream and Badboyhalo hugging. It sounded like Bad was sniffling. Dream hummed a soft melody that Tommy could barely hear. He leaned on the door accidentally pushing it open. He smiled awkwardly with his a braced grin.

"Am I interrupting?"

Dream and Bad parted, and Badboyhalo wiped his eyes.

"No, Tommy. I was just seeing what I could do to help you guys."

"Oh, you don't have to do that," he took Dream's side. "We're doing rather alright."

"Agreed. Would it be okay for us to stay here for a little?" Dream asked.

"Of course," Bad grinned, "You muffins are more than welcome. I was actually hoping you would stay. I have something that'll help Dream with the Ash."

Dream smiled, "Thanks, but we'll be fine without it. You'll probably need it too."

Tommy frowned at Dream's answer, but he didn't interrupt.

Badboyhalo nodded, "Okay then. I'll let you guys get settled in. Let me know if you need anything."

Dream waved in acknowledgement as Bad shut the door behind him. Tommy set his bag beside their shared skeeball machines. For two men of tall, Europeans heights, skeeball machines were the most uncomfortable "beds" in existence.

"Hey Dream," Tommy hid his laughter behind his hand. "Are you comfortable there, Big Man?"

Dream glared with his one good eye laying with his legs hanging off the end of the skeeball machine, "Ha ha, Tommy. You're like, the same height as me."

He scoffed, "I'd take you seriously but you look pretty fucking stupid right now."

"Oh come on, you'd look just as stupid if your legs didn't leg like they were supposed to."

In all honesty, Dream laying with his legs dangling off the edge of a skeeball machine wasn't that funny, and Tommy knew it. It was pitiful and almost pissed him off. He looked so sad and ridiculous. Tommy didn't know what else to do but laugh. A grown man, who once had substantial influence over an entire generation, now used on a broken arcade game as a "bed," and he didn't even properly fit on it. Regardless, a laugh was much needed.