Money CAN buy love

A/N: This was a request!! Basically, the reader had a bet with Whitty - the winner gets a thousand dollars. The reader is struggling with money and really needs the cash.

This was it. You're about to have a rap battle with a famous rockstar, Whitty Bomb. And for what?

You've been struggling recently. You had to pay your college tuition somehow. Not just that, but your little cousin was currently in a hospital and needed extra assistance with money. Whitty was the one who challenged you after seeing you on the Friday Night Funk festival that takes place every Friday night. You already knew it was pretty much impossible to beat Whitty, so you declined.

And then he mentioned a thousand bucks - THEN you accepted.

"Money hungry, eh?", he tested his mic, amused at how easy it was to bribe you into a battle. He wasn't the type to go around asking people for a battle, being all cocky. No, he was just really curious and felt good enough to ask someone for a friendly fight.

"Don't say that", you huffed, looking at the concrete floor below you.

You flinched at the sound of the first beat that started. You can't lose this. You won't allow yourself to lose.

Right off the bat, you felt your mood shatter. He was really good. But you were going to put up a fight.

You managed to win the first round, bouncing up and down a little to clear the nervousness out of your system a little bit.
"Not bad", Whitty compliments as he twirls his mic in his hand.

You sighed and stood properly, waiting for the next song.

This was definitely much harder, and you were struggling to keep up with him. The crowd cheered, one part for Whitty and one part for you. People were even betting.
You swear your tongue was about to fall out of your mouth... But he ended up winning.

Whitty was starting to get a little cocky. "You were struggling", he commented with his hand on his hip. "I was", you added, scratching your arm. "What if you mess up now?", he asked, raising an eyebrow at you.

"...", you kept quiet, motioning for the final beat to start. Whitty nodded, catching your nervousness.

Now THIS was Hell. He gave it EVERYTHING he got. Everything he ever knew, thought of, and did. He threw all of it at you. You could barely keep up, it hasn't even been a minute and you were losing.
You tried pushing through, you were so desperate. But after about two seconds, you abruptly stopped. You gave up.

"Pay up", Whitty laughed in a friendly manner. It was a bet that you agreed on, after all.
"You don't understand...", you whispered, getting teary eyed. "You dont understand", you yelled this time. He seemed taken aback by your sudden outburst, but kept quiet. "Do you have any idea how hard it us for me? To see my little cousin in a hospital bed? To hear from people how I won't be able to go to college?!", you burst. You couldn't think straight anymore, you were just so, so stressed.

Whitty looked at you in shock, then softened his face. "Hey, come talk to me over there", he pointed towards a bench that stood beside a playground where there were little to no people.

You sobbed and nodded, following him.
You sat down next to him, avoiding eye contact.

Whitty spoke first, "Why didn't you tell me at the start?", he turned his head at you.
"Tell you what exactly", you spoke quietly. "About your problem. I would gladly pay for you", you snapped your head towards him, a look of disbelief on your face. "Excuse me?", you were unsure of what you were hearing.
"I'll pay. I got plenty", sure he was basically a celebrity and all, but that was just too much. "What happened to your cousin, if you don't mind me asking?", he pondered. "He got into this huge accident... I don't think he'd like it if I tolld anyone" you whispered. He nodded, understanding. "I'm sorry for acting like... Such a dick back there. I didn't know what you're going through...", he apologized, turning his gaze away for a moment before looking back at you again. "Listen, it's not a big deal. Your college tuition isn't a problem anymore", he smiled at your reaction. "And here's the thousand bucks, you deserve it", he gave you a sympathetic smile, and got up. "W-Wait! What are you doing?! Are you serious?!", you were crying tears of joy, unable to understand the whole situation completely. "Probably gonna do some graffiti. Actually, mind coming with me? I get lonely y'know", he shrugged, awaiting your answer. You could go, right? It's the least you could do after all. "I mean- Yeah sure..", you smiled, still feeling unbelievable joy.

This is how your friendship started.