The Battle of Mondstadt

"Wooden shield on the left!" Venti yelled to Amber. The outrider quickly fired a fire arrow at it, then another after the mitachurl put it out. She threw her bunny before glancing behind her at the city. It's been about an hour into the battle and neither side was letting up.

Amber grunts as an arrow sliced her cheek as she turns back around. "I keep expecting for them to appear behind us!" She yelled as her bunny exploded, throwing hilichurls off the edge of the bridge. "Or a fiery storm or SOMETHING! There is no way they think that pressing on us like this is going to get them through."

Venti felt his hat get shot off his head. "We've been fighting them how long now? They aren't going to let up. Not to mention the only fire I've seen is from you and the Pyro Mages..." He summoned his vortex to give the people down below a chance to bombard the monsters with attacks. "They are planning something..."

Amber threw another bunny. "Whatever it is... it's not going to be good."

Another hour has passed. The dust of the hilichurls and Abyss Mages was thick in the air, sticking to the sweaty bodies of the knights. Razor sent a mage screaming down to the water below before dropping to one knee, using his sword as support. He was panting hard. "Tired..."

A hilichurl was about to jump him when Lisa zapped them into dust. "Razor, sweetie..." She ran over to him, her right arm hanging at her side, blood dripping down from it. She could see that blood was running down his face. "Jean!" She yelled as she zapped a few more monsters. "I don't know how much longer we can hold the line!"

Jean blasted some hilichurls off the bridge. "Did they gather every single monster in Teyvat? They just won't end!"

Kaeya, using Albedo's elevator, slammed down on some hilichurls who were ganging up on Sucrose. He grunts, feeling at least two broken ribs. "They must be planning something! I haven't seen the Inferno Mage's fire yet!" He yelled as Sucrose stuttered out a thank you.

Albedo was struggling to stay on his feet, his vision swirling a bit. He looks up as another rain of arrows pelted the monsters, saving a few other soldiers from death. The geo user widens his eyes a bit at what he thinks he saw. "They brought a Ruin Guard!" He yelled back. There was a slight pause as the knights turned to look at it. Kaeya and Razor paled at the sight of it.

"GET OFF THE BRIDGE!" Amber screamed off the top of her lungs at the robot activated. "THAT IS A FREAKING RUIN HUNTER!"

Kaeya grabbed the back of the still dazed Albedo's shirt collar and dragged him away as the Ruin Hunter went into a missile-launching mode. The others barely managed to get off the bridge as the missiles hit it, causing the bridge to break and blow up, thanks to Klee's bombs, killing anyone and anything that was still on it. "Welp... guess they can't cross no-" Venti began before Amber grabbed him and forced him off the wall with most of the other archers there, just before the gate blew up to the Ruin Hunter. Venti blinked. "I-I think I just saw my life flash before my eyes..." He said as Amber awkwardly glided them down.

"No time for that! Aim for the glowing eye and trY NOT TO DIE!" Amber yelled as more missiles were launched. People scattered as the missiles destroyed more of the city as well as killing a few knights. Venti quickly released a black hole to drag the robot closer as well as a few pieces of the debris. He launches an arrow at the eyes, stunning it and, once the black hole was gone, causing it to drop into the water and shut down. A small cheer came out from the remaining knights.

"Quick thinking... Venti." Jean said, panting a bit. She looked towards the other side of the wreckage, where the hilichurls screamed and shouted at them in anger.