𝑇𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦-𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛

𝔸𝕦𝕘𝕦𝕤𝕥 𝟙𝟘, 𝟚𝟘𝟚𝟚☯︎︎

I walked down the street and pushed the hair behind my ears. A pair of footsteps trailed behind me, making my adrenaline start to rush. My flight or fight was triggered even though it was probably nothing.

They got closer and I started walking faster. What the hell does this creep want? Why me? A hand suddenly gripped onto my hip, causing me to spin around. I stared at the person's face and clenched my jaw.

"Can I help you, Noah?"

He smirked and looked down at my stomach. "I heard the news. Congrats."

My eyes rolled. "I don't want your congratulations. And I especially don't want you near me or my kid."

"Well, what if your kid dies?" He stated. "It happens all the time."

I sucked in a sharp breath. "It won't die."

His head nodded. "Yeah, it will."

"You should've died." I pointed at him.

He gasped. "That's just rude."

"You're rude."

He scoffed as I started walking away again. I heard a click and his footsteps pound behind me. Suddenly, his arms wrapped tightly around my waist, making a shriek of fear leave my mouth.

"Get off of me!" I screamed, hoping someone would hear me.

He held a knife right up to my stomach and I heard his sinister laugh in my ear. "I told you it was gonna die."

I desperately kicked at him. I don't wanna lose this kid.

"Noah, please!" I begged. "I promise it's not worth it!"

He just laughed again and I felt the knife press onto my stomach. I screamed so loud my throat was getting sore. I didn't care though. I frantically wiggled around and tried my hardest to get him away.

"Hey!" A random voice yelled. "Get off of her!"

Noah stopped and both of our heads snapped in the direction of the voices. It was from a girl who was with two other girls. Thank God.

Noah scoffed. "What?"

They started walking towards us. "Get off of her."

He shook his head. "You can't tell me what to do."

The leader of the group stood in front of me and stared at me. "Do you know him?"

"Yeah, but I don't like him."

Noah chuckled. "She doesn't know what she's talking about. We're dating."

I gasped. "No, we aren't! I already have a boyfriend!"

Noah squeezed me tighter and I felt my stomach being crushed. My kid is probably dead now.

"Let her go." The girl demanded.

Noah's head shook. "No, you can't tell me what to do."

One of the girls snuck up behind Noah and punched the back of his head. He groaned and fell to the ground. The leader of the group hid me behind her as I held my stomach in pain.

"This should teach you a damn lesson." She grumbled. "Let's go guys."

She grabbed my hand and started walking me away from him. I groaned softly and just wished Luis was with me.

"You okay?" She asked.

My head shook. "No, he hurt my stomach pretty bad."

She sighed sadly and rubbed my back lightly. "We'll help you out, don't worry."

A weak smile spread across my face. "Thank you."

She nodded and we continued walking. I was less concerned about myself. Instead, I was just worried about my kid. It was probably dead.

"What's your name?" She asked.

"Amelia."

"Oh, pretty." She smiled. "I'm Kaylie, that's Grace," She pointed to the girl with dirty blonde hair, "And that's Anne." She pointed to a girl with light red hair. Kaylie had beautiful blonde hair as well. Lucky duck.

"Nice to meet you all." I smiled. "And thank you for helping me out back there."

"No problem." Kaylie smiled. "He doesn't have the right to mess with you."

I nodded. "Yeah, I'm just scared that he hurt my baby."

Her eyes widened. "You're pregnant?"

"Um, yeah..." I mumbled in shame.

A huge smile spread across her face. "That's amazing! Congrats!"

"Oh, thank you." I laughed lightly.

Grace walked on the other side of me and Anne walked by Kaylie's side. Grace pushed the hair behind my ears. "Your hair is so pretty."

"Eh, not really. It's just boring brown." I sighed.

"Brown isn't boring!" She reassured. "It's beautiful!"

"Yeah, but you have blonde hair. People like blondes better." I stated.

She shook her head. "Not true. You said you had a boyfriend, if he thought your hair was such a problem, he wouldn't date you."

My shoulders shrugged. "Well, he would probably date me regardless."

"That's good. Trust me, brunettes are beautiful. I love them." Grace threw an arm around my shoulders.

"Really?"

Her head nodded. "Duh."

I chuckled lightly and looked down at my feet. "Thanks."

"Of course." I felt her smile.

"So," Kaylie piped up. "Who's your boyfriend?"

"Luis Mendoza." I smiled foolishly at the thought of him.

I heard them all gasp. "Luis Mendoza?!"

I nodded slowly. "Yeah...what about him?"

They all looked at each other with their jaws dropped. "He's like the hottest dude ever!"

A small smile painted my lips. "I guess so..."

"Ugh, you're so lucky." Kaylie groaned.

"Yeah, yeah, truly." Grace nodded. "I had the biggest crush on him back in middle school but he wasn't really into me."

"Oh, I'm sorry..." I had no idea what to say to that.

"Oh, no, no, no, don't be." She quickly reassured. "I've moved on."

Kaylie smirked. "Have you?"

Grace's eyes rolled. "Shut up."

I giggled slightly and looked over at Anne and realized I haven't heard her say anything this entire time. She was wearing a big baggy sweatshirt and black leggings. How is she not burning alive right now? She nervously looked at the ground and her red hair barely covered her frowning face.

"Hey, Anne?" I questioned.

She looked up at me. "Hm?"

"How are you not burning alive right now? I would be dead." I chuckled lightly.

An awkward smile painted her face. "Um, I-I don't know..."

She looked away from me, giving me the vibe that she didn't wanna talk anymore. I hope she's okay...

♥︎

author:
dramaaa lol. okay, Idk when I'm ending this book but it will be soon. I'll probably end it on chapter thirty? if I even get to that point lmao. stay gold, lovelies💕
~Olivia🤍

{3/7/21}